Prologue

It was a crazy idea. An idea that made me sacrifice my whole being and my life.

Becoming his wife, I thought, would be easy. He was treating me good and was really giving to me when we met. He has a cold aura and a mysterious facade but I chose to lean on his good side thinking that it could only be because he needs to put up a strong front, being a big time businessman.

I made myself believe that he is a good person and even if we're marrying only for business, I could try to make this marriage work, even without the presence of love.

But it's just not the case for us. I could lie to the world but I could never lie to myself. I could try to hold on, but what do I hold onto?

I let the faucet running as I stared at myself in the mirror. My friends kept saying that there's something different about me and every time they do, I'd just laugh it off. Now, I understood what they meant.

I'm not aware of the changes as I lost track of time. It seems like everything is just the usual to me that I can't remember what and who am I before. I'm slowly losing myself while trying to make something exist even if it's impossible.

I reached for my cheeks to wipe the tears off, just like what I do everyday. With every teardrop, I wished this would be over.