Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Closer

LISA

If Jungkook had the time to bring our things from the mansion, then my parents probably know about what happened already. I was thinking of calling them still but there are no phones available here. I even asked the housekeeper if she has one unfortunately, she doesn't. I turned to the guards but they all had one answer.

"Sir Jungkook told us not to contact anyone from Seoul, ma'am."

"But I want to talk to my parents. I'm sure they're worried about me." I pleaded.

However, they were trained well and I could say very loyal. "We should wait for sir Jungkook's order, ma'am," they said.

Since they are Jungkook's loyal servants, I guess there is nothing I can do with that. Time passed and I got bored just staring at the sea from the porch of the villa.

I notice there were sun loungers on the beach under the shade of the nearby coconut trees. Since I have nothing to do here and the housekeeper started to prepare food for lunch, I decided to swim.

Floating on the calm sea under the warm and gentle sunlight, I close my eyes and just let myself be one with the sea.

Now that everything is calm around me, my mind is occupied by the worries I have for my parents and myself. I kept thinking of what happened and finally came to a conclusion that maybe it was Mark's plan. His last message was enough to convince me that it was all his plan.

His reason for all this seems foolish. I know he makes random and irrational decisions at times but this time, he had gone too far. However, there is a possibility that it is not him.

I remember a time when Jungkook was talking to someone on the phone. I didn't hear much of it but I was able grasp the idea. He was talking about giving protection for me. Earlier, he admitted that he hired a bodyguard for me. Somehow, he knew something would happen.

But if it wasn't the case, then all of these were just one big coincidence.

I dipped fully under the water before rising up and looked back on the villa. I stood on my feet, with half of my body down still submerged in water. I squinted to see the person standing on the porch alone.

From what I remember, there are two guards who were assigned there before I went to the waters. But now, I can only see one person and he doesn't seem to like what he is seeing.

Standing on the porch with his hands in the pockets of his shorts, Jungkook watched me with a scowl.

I scoffed at the way he stared and just went out of the water, towards the loungers where my robe and towel are. I didn't have any swimsuit in my luggage but I found a good pair of black crisscross brassiere and panties that I am wearing now.

I didn't know he would be back very soon. I doubt if he really did meet someone or he just wants to get away from my questions.

I was putting on my robe when he walked towards me. His brows were furrowed hard, lips pursed in a thin line, and his eyes bore unto me darkly as if I did something wrong.

Why does he always look at me like that?

"Back so soon?" I uttered while tying the robe.

He licked his lower lip before speaking. "Yes. I got a call from Peter telling me you wanted to talk to your parents."