Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Protect

LISA

In this world, if you are weak, they will all come at you because of your weakness. If you are strong, they will find a way to bring you down. In this world, the weak and the strong, are not really different from each other because in the end, they're just people struggling to keep themselves alive. However, many of us don't see it this way.

Most of the people who know me, think I was very strong and independent just because I managed to get away from the responsibilities of being the heiress of the Manoban Corp. But they were wrong. I was actually too weak to handle it. I cannot come up to the responsibilities accompanied by it.

And this weakness, they used it against me, and my family. Knowing the heiress cannot step into position, they started to come at my father until the company started failing. He needed a solution. A desperate solution to solve all of it which he found later on.

That is, to marry me off to a son of a businessman. As the root of all the trouble, I knew I am also the one who can save my father from further downfall. And maybe, I was strong enough since I have lived through it until now.

"Get her." He said.

The moment those guys caught me, I wished so bad that what my friends said were true — that Jungkook will be able to protect me and that at moment, I really hoped he would come to my rescue. However, before I lost my consciousness, nobody came.

When I opened my eyes, the darkness that I see awoken my fears and slowly my tears formed as I recalled how those men took me away.

They really succeeded in kidnapping me.

Because of the darkness, and the tears in my eyes, I find it hard to look around the room. When I tried to move, I realized I was lying on a bed, a soft bed. I was expecting my hands would be tied and so does my feet, but they weren't. I can move freely and this thought made me relieved somehow.

Whoever they are, at least they're not very hurtful.

Carefully, I stepped down from the bed and since the lights were off, I had to move blindly. I swallowed and sighed as I found the wall and followed it to the door. I was aware that the room might have cabinets and other furnitures there, and I was right. If I haven't felt the small cabinet on the wall, I might have bumped to it and cause a noise.

My hands found the wooden door and the steel knob. The lights from outside were seeping through the small openings from top and bottom of the door.

My heart is beating loud as I stand behind the door and leaning my head against it to listen if there was anyone outside, a lookout.

"Is boss coming?"

I heard a man asked in his very low and ruspy voice.

"No. Is she awake yet?" another one asked and because of his question, I quickly covered my mouth as if my breathing was that loud enough for them to hear.

"I don't think so. I can't hear anything. If she wakes up, I'm pretty sure she will make a sound. It's been quiet since boss left earlier."

One of them chuckled. "Okay. It seems like she'll be sleeping for a while. Cigar?"