Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Deal

Third Person's POV

That night, Lisa tossed and turned in bed trying to get herself to sleep. But somehow, it never came. She glanced at the clock on her wall and it's already twenty seven minutes past ten.

After dinner, she stayed until 8:30 on the living room doing nothing. And eventually got bored and went to bed. Now, it's been two hours and she isn't asleep yet.

She sat up on her bed and an image of wine came to her mind. Her face lit up at the thought and decided to come down to have a glass. Maybe it can induce her to sleep.

She was on her way to the kitchen when she saw the lights were brightly on from the entrance. All the lights on the first floor were dimmed except for the kitchen. She thought maybe aunt Lucia hasn't finished cleaning up.

Lisa doesn't hear anything aside from faint sounds of glass touching the marbled sink. Thinking it was the elder, she walked inside without worry. But when she saw the person inside, she flinched in surprise and was suddenly panicking.

"Y-you're back," she stuttered.

Jungkook's eyes narrowed at her, slightly offended by her words. "What's that suppose to mean?"

Lisa gulped in search for words. "It is what it is. I was just surprise to see you here..."

She saw how the man's brows shot up and the ghost of smile on his lips which made her somehow irritated. "Wh—"

"Why are you still up?" Jungkook asked and looked away.

Lisa looked around and her eyes fell on the bottle of wine on the kitchen island. She slowly walked and went passed Jungkook to get a wine glass. The latter saw it and followed the woman through his gaze.

"You're drinking?" Jungkook questioned, with strong dislike in his tone.

Lisa was already pouring the wine on her glass. "I can't sleep."

Jungkook scoffed. "That's not even an answer. And you really have low alcohol tolerance so stop drinking..." he paused when he saw Lisa drank the wine.

"How could you say I have low alcohol tolerance? As much as I know—"

"You really do. You don't know that cause you always passed out. You're really into trouble, aren't you?"

"Now, what's that suppose to mean?" Lisa shot back obviously offended by Jungkook's words.

The man sighed and walked towards her. She wasn't fazed at all and just let Jungkook close their distance. "It is what it is." He said sternly and snatched the glass from Lisa's hold.

"Yah! What do you think are you doing?!" Lisa yelled out annoyingly at the man when the latter threw the liquid on the sink, emptying the glass.

"Helping you stay out of trouble," he turned to face her and Lisa was taken aback by the small distance of their faces. She blinked and took a step back to regain the space between them.

He noticed her move and he couldn't help but to smile to himself. He licked his lips before he returned his eyes on her.

"You just wasted a good wine, you know?" Lisa remarked and looked away. She couldn't stand staring at Jungkook's eyes for too long and it's also becoming more uncomfortable as time passes. She was always annoyed or uneasy with his presence since then but seems like it became worst this time.