Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Wife

Third Person's Pov

If it wasn't for her marriage, Lisa would have believed her friends when they say it's such a wonderful day.

Earlier this morning, she tried contacting their family lawyer to seek for an advice. However, the information her lawyer disclosed did not make anything better for her.

"You can't file a divorce," Mr. Yang, her lawyer, asserted after she told her plans of getting a divorce.

She was dumbfounded by the news. She never knew about it and thought that there must be some kind of illegal business going on.

"That can't be possible. It's my right to–"

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Jeon. But, this is part of the contract you signed. If you insist to get a divorce, we're breaching the contract. If that happens, there'll be huge damage on your part, aside from that, you still had to pay them. Believe me, Lisa, it will be war between your families," he explained that ruined every hope she had.

The only thing that could possibly save her from this misery turns out to be something that could make her life, and her parents' life, even more worse. She doesn't want any more complications so she ended up having no choice but to accept her reality and forever regret the decision she made.

Her thoughts were only cut off when Jisoo snapped her fingers right to her face. Lisa heard her friends giggle around her but she doesn't give a damn about it now.

"Well, since your husband is away, would you want to join us for some party?" Jisoo flashed a sneaky smile her way.

"I don't know. I'm not in the mood for a party," Lisa sipped from her coffee.

"Lisa, come on! We know you're having a hard time and we all know you need this. Just this one time, let yourself go," Jennie nudged her shoulder and clinged on it.

At second thought, she does need a time out for all of these. She wouldn't lie, she missed her friends. She missed hanging out with them. This is one of the downsides of marriage — losing time for one's self and almost forgetting about friends.

"Fine," she sighed in defeat. And for the first time in a while, a genuine smile showed up on her face.

A time with friends is a time well-spent. She knew there's nothing to regret about tonight, even if something goes wrong or if the world ends.

Besides, what could go wrong?

The four of them were having a good time talking on their sofa when the three decided to dance in search for a love tonight and as for Lisa, Chaeyoung told her to stay since she's already married.

"Stay here. Singles only," it was the last thing she heard from the friend. She shakes her head and laughs at their silliness.

She had another shot of tequila after they disappeared from her sight. She turned to the dancing crowd and suddenly felt jealous of the people happily enjoying themselves, without worries. Once upon a time, she was one of them. Until that man came, it was the end.

"Hi!" A voice interrupted her moment. She looks up to the person who just came, wearing a dark blue long sleeves, a man stood with a grin.

"Uhm, hi?" tho confused, she greeted back. Her eyes wondered everywhere as the man sat on the empty seat across her.

"By the way, name's Sehun," he reached out for a handshake which she humbly accepted. It was actually awkward especially when he firmly held her hand. She laughed nervously the moment he lets go of her hand.

"I'm Lisa," she said after realizing she didn't introduced herself yet. He looks decent and friendly but somehow Lisa feels uneasy around him. She used to be good in socializing, whether it be women or the opposite sex, but now it seems like she forgot how to.

How did everything change in such a short time? It's like time is running slow that everything seems to go so fast.

"How about a dance?" He beamed.

Lisa quickly glanced at the dance floor before returning her gaze back to the man in front of her. She faked a smile and shook her head at his invite.

"I'm sorry, I can't," she lift her left hand to her head as if she's having a headache but she's actually simply showing her ring finger. She can't bear to speak about it so just show it, maybe. She knew he's not stupid to not notice anything or act like he doesn't know what she's trying to imply.

She heard him sigh and his fingers tap on the table. Slowly, she glanced at him only to see him amusedly watching her. She cleared her throat and brought her hand down, out of his sight.

"Ah..." he trailed with a ghost of laughter etched on his lips.

"Uh.." Lisa tried to find the words to turn him down in the most polite way.

"Lisa!"

A high pitched voice filled her ears. She heard it loud and clear despite the booming bass of the club music. Instinctively, she turned to where it came from. Her friends are now approaching them.

The man stood and bowed at them when they got to their table. He flashed another smile for them however they don't feel like returning the favor. They eyed him from head to toe before turning to the woman, who's just quietly watching them, with unasked questions. Lisa looked up to them and shrugged her shoulders.

Jennie was about to say something when someone unexpected showed up. They felt someone standing a little behind them which all caught their attention.

In his black suit, hands tucked in his pants' pockets, his eyes darkly surveyed everyone present on that table. The four women had their mouths agape while the man didn't even flinch on his place.

"J-Jungkook," Lisa stood in shock.

The others stiffened upon the mention of the name, especially her three friends. She bit her lip as she looked at her friends, mind messed up because of his sudden appearance.

"What are you doing here?" he asked in a restrained voice. All of them turned once again to face him. Lisa was about to answer when she saw that he isn't looking at her. Instead, he's angrily glaring at the man she just met that night.

Thinking that the question was still directed at her, she cleared her throat before explaining. "We just–" she cut her words when Jungkook raised his hand indicating her to stop.

"Jeon Jungkook, nice to see you here. It's been a while," Sehun, that guy whom she met, sarcastically grinned.

"Let's go," Jungkook held Lisa's wrist making the latter gasp in surprise. He was about to pull her out of that crowd when Sehun also held her other wrist, stopping them.

"Let go of her," Jungkook said, gritting his teeth. Lisa knew that he's got a temper and no one would want to see that side of him. She shoved Sehun's hand away.

"She's not yours Jungkook," he retorted.

"She's mine. She's my wife," Jungkook claimed firmly.