Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Romeo, save me

LISA

Jungkook dragged me inside our home. He was fuming mad the whole drive and it just get worse the moment we entered the mansion.

After he recklessly let go of my wrist, he kicked the first vase he saw which made me fall back in fear. The sound of it breaking echoed on the whole mansion that made everyone rushed to where we are.

He muttered curses under his breath as if he doesn't want us to know that he's angry. He just broke another vase tonight and that's enough for us to know what he's feeling now. I just watched him breathe heavily while his hands were on his waist. By the looks of him, he is really frustrated, angry but it seems like he's controlling himself.

"What are you doing there with that man?" he asked, still with his back on me. His head was leaned back and I could only imagine how hard it is for him to control his temper.

"We're not doing anything wrong. He's just being friendly–"

"Friendly? Do you even know that guy?" he scoffed and turned to me. Looks like he's calmer now. My mind flew to the way that guy smiled at me and the way his hand held mine. Surely, it's way different from how he does it.

I cleared my throat and looked away. "I don't know him. But still, he didn't do anything wrong," I retorted.

"What did he tell you? What poison did he feed you?" He spit every word as if he is sickened at the thought of that guy. If I was brave enough to face his wrath, I wouldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes.

In the end, I sighed. This conversation is going nowhere. But, what's the best to do at this point? Answer him or ignore his question and just tell him I'm tired? I think both will end up at the same result.

"We didn't talk that much. I have nothing to explain. So, if you'll excuse me, I need to rest," I started walking to the staircase but when I passed by him, he stopped me from taking another step. He held my wrist and pulled me back to face him. My heart was beating loud when I met his raging eyes.

"We're not done yet," his jaw clenched and his grip tightened on my wrist.

I've seen him at the worst case scenarios of his anger, but none of those were about the two of us. He's just always angry about work. This time, we're actually fighting each other. This is the first time we had an argument. I can't believe that our first full conversation would be during this fight. And what are we fighting about again? A guy? A stranger who just came and introduced himself at the bar?! What the hell is his problem?

Amidst all those thoughts, I couldn't ignore the pain I'm feeling on my wrist. I tried to take it out of his hold but his grip just tightens every time.

"Let go of me," my lips quivered as the tears were threatening to fall. I'm suddenly having a hard time breathing because of fear, frustration, and anger combined. And when he still didn't, my tears fell. At this point, I'm expecting some harsh words to come out of his mouth but there was nothing. Should I be thankful that he spared his words?

My gaze fell on my wrist and with the use of my other hand, I tried to lift his fingers off and when it still didn't work, I looked up to him but I couldn't see him clearly now. I was thinking of begging him but before I could, he slowly lets go of his hold. I don't know what happened but I'm thankful that he stopped. I heard him sigh before he walked out. I was left there holding my weak arm while crying.

Some of the housemaids attended to me and helped me go to my room. It took me a while before I realize that my wrist was bruised because of him. This is probably my worst night here. I never thought this would happen. I was always careful when it comes to him to avoid these kind of confrontations but still, I found myself almost begging for my dear life.