Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Husband

Third Person's Pov

"You two look perfect together. I can see that he cares so much for you. He loves you."

Lisa could almost vomit at the association of love with him. It just seem so impossible to her. She couldn't imagine him... loving her.

The thought of him being a loving husband to her made her shiver. It would be the end of the world before that happens.

Because of her thoughts, her eyes landed on the man who was busy eating beside her. It took him an hour before coming back and when he did it was already time for dinner. He didn't say anything when he came back. But she knew that he was not in a good mood.

His brows were furrowed hard and eyes were screaming of rage, she wondered why. Then again, she forgot that this is a business event. He must've been bothered by business again.

'Workaholic devil.' Nope. She won't change her mind about him. Definitely not.

She took her glass of water and drank from it. She was calm at first, simply listening to the conversation of the old couples.

"Maldives is a great travel destination," Mrs. Min, the old woman with them, told them.

"We've been there and yes, it's a wonderful place," the older Mrs. Jeon seconded.

"Actually, it was where we first had our honeymoon," Mr. Min smiled, reminiscing of those times.

"Speaking of, I bet you two are already planning for your future family, yes?" Mrs. Min asked that made Lisa froze on her seat, and eyes widen in alarm.

"Pardon me?" she spoke in a small voice that made even her parents and Jungkook's parents frown.

The whole table fell silent as they watched Lisa be flustered because of the topic. Jungkook noticed her discomfort and cleared his throat to catch the other's attention.

"Mr. Min, I heard about your new project with Park Construction. How is it?" Jungkook intervened shifting the topic away from the honeymoon-thingy that also makes him uncomfortable.

Lisa slowly turned to the man on her right who is now busy conversing about business. She never thought that she'd thank this man tonight but come to think of it, he's been very behave all throughout the event.

'Behave? What is he, Lisa? A dog?'

Lisa fought every urge to laugh or even smile in front of them because of that thought.

The night went well for Lisa, aside from that talk about honeymoon nothing much bothered her until they went home.

It was very late at night when they arrived and Lisa could barely bring herself up the stairs and to her room. If only she could sleep on the couch on the living room, she would but she can't. And how she wished there's someone to carry her to her room... but nevermind.