Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Surprise

LISA

The lights were dimmed on the living room when I got home. It's pretty late already as the girls and I lost track of time. I was about to go upstairs when I noticed that the lights from the dining were on.

Curious, I walked towards the dining and heard someone talking. It was him. He was on the phone talking to somebody. By the looks of it, it was something serious but I don't think it's about business.

"I don't know hyung. I just don't like it," he said and sipped from his coffee. He has his back on me and I know he's unaware of my presence. I stepped back away from the entrance of the dining, only enough to hide myself in case he'd turn around.

"I don't have time for those things, hyung. It's only for her protection," he said that made me confused.

Is he talking about me?

"Let's just talk tomorrow. Goodnight, hyung."

Knowing that it was the end of their call, I walked away quietly careful not to let him know I was there, listening.

"Your restaurant closes at nine. It's almost midnight, where have you been?" I flinched at the sudden hear of his voice, halting me from taking another step up the stairs.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to calm myself. "I was with my friends. We got lost in our conversation we forgot about the time." I explained without facing him.

"I'll let it pass this time. Please be mindful that you're not the only individual living in this house," he said sternly.

I snapped my head towards his direction, completely shocked by his words.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, confused.

He raised an eyebrow as if I offended him. "What kind of question is that? I'm the owner of this house, just to remind you."

"That's not what I meant—"

"Starting tomorrow, everyone should be home by ten. I won't give any exceptions."

My eyes widen at his announcement of rule.

"Oh so now, we have a curfew? What are we? Teenagers?" I retorted in disbelief.

"Teenagers should be home by seven. You have three more hours in your clock."

"Don't be ridiculous," I scoffed.

"Do I look ridiculous to you?" he retorted fast and even before I could defend myself, he walked up towards me.

"No. I was talking about your rule. What have gone through your mind and thought of that ridiculous idea? It's seriously—"

"What made you think that you could have it your way then?" he was standing right in front of me, the dim lights on the living area illuminated half of his face which made him look more intimidating especially with that dark brooding eyes directed at me.

"What...?" I uttered in a small voice and constantly controlling my breathing because he was really close to me.

He smirked and I knew I hated him all his life.

One move back and I found myself clutching to his arm and another arm was wrapped around my waist, breaking the fall. My heart was beating fast against my chest as my eyes were fixed on the marbled floor eight steps down.