Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Don't Care

Third Person's POV

"What do you think are you doing? You really have to cause such a mess right before the shareholders' meeting?! Do you really want to lose everything?!"

Jungkook stood in front of his father, with both his hands clasped in a polite manner. He was looking down on the floor as he listens to what his father has to say for him.

He did not expect that the news would reach his father sooner. It just happened yesterday and he was called on first thing in the morning the next day. He should've known. Of course, everyone would come at him just for a simple mistake.

"No, father. I'm sorry." He clenched his teeth right after apologizing. He has said this so many times already that he lost all sense of it. Like everytime, even though he does not mean it, his mouth would move on its own.

"How would you fix this? Tell me."

Jungkook sighed. "I'll talk to him and settle everything within the day. Don't worry."

"Be sure you'll settle everything with him. Do everything. I don't care if you kneel in front of him, but you need to get his forgiveness." His father told him before leaving Jungkook alone in their home's study.

He sighed heavily as he shrugs everything off his shoulders. The moment he steps out on his father's study, his mother's eyes were the first thing he saw. It was those gaze that he always sees everytime he and his father would have an argument just like today.

"Are you going home now?" She asked.

Jungkook gulped as he looked away and nodded. "Yes."

"I prepared some side dishes. Bring some for Lisa. I made your favorites." She smiled at her son but the latter doesn't seem happy to hear it.

"Thank you, mom. Just bring them to the car. I'll be waiting there." He said and left.

Usually, he would give his mother a small smile or even act as if everything is okay but somehow, he can't find it to himself to be okay at this point. There were so many bothering him. And he's keeping all of it to himself. 

"Don't mind your father. He's just over reacting," his mother crouched down on his window after giving him the side dishes.

"It's okay. It's my fault."

"Don't pressure yourself too much, son."

"I'm not." He said in low spirits. "I'll get going now." He pulled his windows up and started to drove off.

The rain poured hard outside and he watched them drizzle down on his bedroom's window. Whilst his eyes were on the art the raindrops makes, his mind flew to something else. If only the rain poured hard on that day too, maybe he wouldn't feel this way, maybe everything was just fine as he remembers.

"Maybe it would've been better if they died together." Was the first thing he heard from his father when he woke up at the hospital.

"You're really saying that? Is he not your son? You talk like he's just nothing. The company is more important to you? Then why did you take us in and treat us as if we're not even a family? Maybe it was better that you didn't know about us." His mother retaliated.