Chapter 21

Happy 53k+ reads!!! 🎉💕 Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat! 😄🙈

Sorry for the long wait. I needed to re-write the whole chapter because the first draft is a bit off.

Also, even if I'm done writing an update I can't post it right away since I don't always have a data connection. So, I'm thinking to post the update on my Facebook page in advance when I can't still update here in Wattpad. Check my bio for the link. Thank you!

***

Chapter 21

Jealous

JUNGKOOK

"The security on the whole island has been heightened just as you wanted, Mr. Jeon. We deployed more men in the airport and on the ports, sir. And as of now, we don't see anything suspicious going on around the island," informed the Ralph, the Head of Security in Jeju.

It's almost two weeks now since we got here and there weren't any bad news from Seoul either. Last week, I was a bit alarmed when a kidnapping happened here in Jeju that I had to rush back to the villa even when I'm in the middle of a meeting with the island securities and my men from Seoul.

I had someone looked into Lisa's case. They used her phone that was found on the scene to trace whoever is behind the kidnapping. They sent me her message history and SNS history later that week. There were suspicious messages from someone but doesn't look like a threat or anything. Then, they found out that the website where Lisa found the undeveloped building was actually fake. It was made to be a bait for her.

Judging how these men somehow knew what she wanted, the one behind it all must know her personally. If not, it was someone associated with their family.

"Maybe it was just a coincidence? It could be that the kidnappers were just waiting for someone to access the website and then proceed with their plan. You cannot make a final judgment with only your opinion, Jungkook. Law and justice does not function that way. Besides, those men were already caught and were held for questioning. And as your lawyer, I can say that they were just involve in a mere kidnap for ransom gang and nothing more. The police also found their previous record and nothing seemed doubtful," Taehyung explained on the other line.

"Well, there is a difference between a businessman and a lawyer's perspective. And I say, you should look into it further. I don't believe it was just a mere coincidence. What about the messages?" I pointed out.

But instead of getting an answer, he laughed. "You mean a lawyer versus a frustrated lover's perspective, that is."

He continued to laugh out loud and I swear if he was in front of me at this moment, he might have been begging for me to spare his life now. I gritted my teeth to stop myself from yelling at the phone when I'm in a private restaurant.

"And to tell you, those messages were from her ex-boyfriend, obviously. He was in Gangwon-do when it happened and was also taken for questioning. Again, there was nothing doubtful about it. He was just an ex-lover trying to get his girlfriend back. He was a member of a street fraternity but was kicked out two years ago. He is currently working as a photographer. Nothing so interesting, right?"

I rolled my eyes at the information he disclosed. Ex-boyfriend? Doesn't he know Lisa is already married? And that I am her husband? That guy has a death wish.