Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Yes, I Am

Third Person's POV

"If you didn't ask her to meet you there, none of this would've happened!" Sehun yelled on his face as their tears continue to trickle down their faces. He was holding unto Jungkook's collar. The latter doesn't even budge every time he pulls him recklessly.

"She died because of you! Don't you really have any conscience? You even dare to show yourself here!?" He shouted once again before pushing Jungkook down on the floor but still the latter expressed no words. He stayed down, his head hanging low as he cried in grief.

Some men tried to pull Sehun away from quickly before he does anything Jungkook. His mother, whose tears came nonstop, went in between them and tried to stop his son's anger.

"Calm down, Sehun, please. Do it for me," she begged and hugged her son.

"It's all his fault. . ." Sehun sobbed weakly in his mother's embrace.

He spaced out as he come across their old picture which he still has on his laptop. He didn't know why and how it was there but it was. . . there.

"I'm asking you," Taehyung snapped him out of his thoughts.

He almost forgot that he was there inside his office.

"Why are you doing this?" Taehyung asked.

Sehun sighed and drifted his gaze on the papers in front of him, shrugging off the memory. "What do you mean?"

"I know you hate Jungkook. But why are you helping him now?" Attorney Kim asked in disbelief, really in doubt that he is willing to help his former best friend.

"I'm not helping him," he replied without looking.

"Technically, yes, you're not. But Lisa is Jungkook's family now. You're helping in protecting Lisa, that means you're helping Jungkook too. Why? What made you change your mind?"

Sehun stopped himself from rolling his eyes and only lazily bore his gaze on the paranoid lawyer walking around his office as if he was invited when he just barged in demanding to talk.

"I didn't change my mind. And I'm not helping anyone. I'm just doing my job and minding my own business," he said with a hint of dismissal.

"I know you don't want to engage with anything about Jungkook. But here you are, trying to help his in-laws, and for what?" Taehyung didn't stop. Sehun thought, he would probably continue on with this argument until he gets the answer he wants.

Taehyung reminded him of himself. "You think you know me very well? Why don't you answer your own question?" He taunted but the latter remained serious as he looked at him.

As Taehyung stared back at him, Sehun's smirk slowly faded.

"You're just like him, Sehun. You two are just the same. Both trapped and scarred. Both scared to make the same mistake again. Although it's not your fault, you both think it was and now you're living in fear that it might happen again," Taehyung uttered and Sehun hated how he knew it exactly.

And it was also the same thing his mom told him.

"I heard Jungkook's wife was almost kidnapped," his mom suddenly brought up one time while having dinner.

Although he was slightly triggered upon the mention of his name, he stopped himself from saying bad things as he knew his mom wouldn't like it. "Hmm. I heard about it from my colleagues too."