Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Capture

Third Person's POV

"You killed her!"

"She died because of you!"

"Murderer! That's what you are!"

All those words... all those hate... He have endured it all. For long, he was used to it. He always believed that it was already fine – that he was already okay.

Jungkook thought wrong.

"I don't plan to live with a murderer, that's all." She said.

After a long time, he never knew he'd hear that word again. He always thought that everything about was buried on the depths of his memories, but now, he proved to himself that it will always be on the shallows of his mind.

It was a harsh thing to say, yes, but mostly he didn't care when other people says it. But when it came out of her mouth, it hit him differently. For a reason he don't know, he was afraid she would look at him like what the others did. For the first time, he was worried on how someone would perceive him.

Monster.

Hornless devil.

And any other words that relates to it, he never cared nor gave a damn about. But how can she affect him with just a word like that?

"She's nice, Jungkook. You'll like her," his mother told him. When he first met her, he thought then that his mother was right. She was shy and quiet. That's why he gave her what she wanted – the private wedding.

He wanted to know how long will she stay with him, so he showed her his worst side. Maybe it was his fault? He made himself a monster in her eyes.

"If you want it so bad, then I'll give it to you." He isn't the possessive type. If she wants freedom, he is more than willing to give her that. But then... what's stopping him for doing so?

"Hey, Jungkook! You've been quiet for a while. Trying to be a good husband, huh?" Apollo, a former classmate of him, smirked.

They were already sitting around the table and Jungkook haven't said a word other than the greetings when they arrived. Lisa, who is beside him, have been quiet too but unlike Jungkook, she was more attentive with the group's topic and gives reaction from time to time.

Jungkook looked at Apollo in front of him. His eyes almost piercing through the latter's soul but didn't say any word. Apollo's gaze fell on Lisa making Jungkook glance at the woman beside him and looked back up at Apollo.

Jungkook cocked his head to the side, unconsciously licking his lower lip. "Think of it any way you want. Just never try to cross the line."

Apollo raises an eyebrow. Another look at Lisa and he stopped himself from saying another word. Jungkook noticed this and tried his best to remain compose. The other guys were talking about random topic but Jungkook has all his attention towards Apollo even when the latter avoids eye contact with him.

"Excuse me?" A woman came to their table. If Jungkook was right, the woman is Bam's wife. She smiled at Jungkook before looking at Lisa and the other woman on their table.

"Gentlemen, would you mind if I borrow your wives for a sec? The others wanted to meet them." Mina informed, taking a quick glance at the women's table not so far from them.

Jungkook found Lisa looking at him with an unsure expression. His gaze fell on the latter's fidgeting hands on her lap. Then, he thought maybe she is already uncomfortable.