Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Hidden Intentions

LISA

It was a long day for me that when I got to the mansion, I could barely feel myself breathing. It's past dinner already so everyone must be in their rooms now. However, as I walk to the living room, my least favorite person was there standing, arms crossed against his chest watching me intently with those dark orbs. I would love to entertain him but as of the moment, I'm not in the mood to even see his face.

He stood by the staircase as if he was waiting there intentionally. I sighed and just continued to head for the stairs but seeing him there made me recall something from last night — the way he gripped my wrist and how painful it was crossed my mind. What if he'll grab me again? And what? My right arm this time?

"Where have you been?" he asked lowly. I stepped back by reflex and thought for a moment.

"You're not the only businessman here. I also have some things to take care of," I scoffed and was about to walk when he stepped closer to me. His move made me flinch that even shocked him. For a moment there, I saw guilt in his eyes but it immediately turned dark. Maybe I was just hallucinating. That's it, I'm tired.

"Excuse me," I looked down on the floor, avoiding his accusing gaze. It seems like he wants to ask me something but because he saw how I reacted when he moved, he hesitated.

I thought he was gonna say something or even stop me from leaving but he didn't. My eyes caught him watching me as I went up the stairs. His gaze remained dark and lips pursed in grim. He turned his back from me and I saw how he wiped his face with his hands as if he was frustrated of something.

"Psycho," I muttered to myself.

~❇~

It was the weekend so I had expected him to be working in his office here. I woke up late today and I didn't get to join him for breakfast. That's a good thing for me. When I came to the dining, my food was there waiting for me. Ella was also there pouring water to my glass. She smiled widely at me and I did the same for her.

"Good morning, ma'am," she greeted rather excitedly, too giddy to my ears. It was weird for me that I didn't greet back and just nodded at her.

She stayed until I was finished with everything. Although it's the weekend, I still need to check my restaurant. After that, I also have another appointment.

"He's a lawyer?!" the three of them said in unison. I just came from the resto and went straight to Jennie's condo. They were nagging me about that the guy I met at the club since that night, but I never had the chance to tell them.

Now, I already told them about him — how he approached me that night and and how I met him again in my restaurant. But before all of that, they've already questioned the bandage around my left wrist. Actually, there was no need to put bandage because I didn't break any bones, it's just that the bruise is unpleasing, I need to cover it.

I tried lying about how I got it but then they didn't believe me until I was forced to tell them the truth. They were furious, alright. But they can't do anything about it. I already got hurt, nothing will change.

"Does he know about that? Or did you lie about it?" Chaeyoung pointed at my injured arm. I shook my head which made them tsk.

"But you said Sehun's a lawyer. Why not ask him for help? Maybe he could help you! I want that Jungkook jailed! My gosh, I want to kill him!" Jennie shrilled in anger.