Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Try

Third Person's Pov

He smiled.

It wasn't anything fascinating but for Lisa it is something to be fascinated about. She had never seen him smile after that day at the church. And even if he does, it's more like a smirk or a grimace and not actually a smile.

Her thoughts kept bugging her when she was cooking with her mother and until when they ate together for lunch.

She was sitting beside her husband and it's hard not to look at him without being obvious but that didn't stop her. She constantly stares at him while he converse with her father. He actually caught her looking a while ago but he just gave her a small smile — very different from the reaction she was expecting.

"Lisa, dear, I know your husband is handsome and all but can you please focus on your food first? You barely ate anything," her mother said gently from accros the table.

Lisa almost choked on her own saliva and abruptly shook her head while she gives off an awkward laugh. "Ah, it's not like that, eomma."

But that only made her parents laugh and tease her about how she is obsessed with the man beside her. The worse thing is, Jungkook was laughing with them.

"No need to act all shy dear. We totally understand," her father laughed and patted Jungkook's shoulder, the latter was nodding his head at them.

Lisa sighed out of defeat and just wished that her parents would leave soon. But seems like it's not a really good day for her since her parents stayed until dinner. Good thing, Jungkook was there to keep her father company while she talks with her mother.

She couldn't help but think that the two men were becoming close like a real father and son.

"Your father is really fond of your husband," her mother said.

"Hmm. I just hope they're really cool with each other," said Lisa before averting her eyes on her mother who is also looking out on the two gentlemen at the garden.

"So... are we expecting a good news from you two soon?" her mother asked that made Lisa stare back at her with wide eyes.

"What news?" Lisa played innocent when she clearly knows what it meant.

Her mother smiled widely and glanced at the two gentlemen outside. "How is it going with Jungkook? It's been five months since the wedding. I know both of you are still unfamiliar with each other and–"

"Mom, I don't understand why you're in such a hurry. We're still young, we still have a long journey ahead of us. Besides, I don't think this is the right time for that. As you can see, we're still struggling with our own careers. We're still not ready for that kind of life, mom. I'm still not ready for it," Lisa explained. She wasn't making excuses, it's all the truth.

Honestly, Lisa couldn't find any reason why they would even try to have a family when they couldn't even build their own relationship. There is no connection between them and she doubt if there will ever be.

Her mother gave her a small smile and nodded. She held her daughter's hand and sighed. "I understand. I'm sorry if you feel pressured," she whispered.

"It's okay, mom. I know you have expectations and I'm sorry if I can't meet it all," Lisa frowned and looked outside. Her gaze caught Jungkook laughing heartily with her father and for a moment there, it was as if the whole world began moving in a slow motion.