Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"She was my girlfriend."

Lisa had a hunch of who the girl was in his life but now that he told her, it just made her confused and somehow she hates herself for even asking.

"If you had a girlfriend, then why did you marry me in the first place?" she asked curiously.

She thought he would be serious but he smirked. "You make it seem like I married you because I like you. Have you forgotten that we married for business?"

Lisa glared at him for not comprehending her question right and for the conceited remark. Does he really think she forgot about it? She scoffed in disbelief.

"That's the point, we married for business. But why did you agree to it when you had a choice? What about your girlfriend? What about her? What were you thinking when—"

Lisa stopped to catch her breath. She couldn't help but raise her voice on him and rapped the words that came out of her mouth. She can't believe that he married her and left his girlfriend. She couldn't take it to herself that she ruined someone else's relationship just so she could help her parents. It made her guilty and the fact that she couldn't do anything about it makes it more difficult for her to forgive herself.

But while she was getting all frustrated and angry, Jungkook was having fun seeing her that way. He could almost see the smoke coming out from her nose as she speaks reason why he couldn't wipe off the smirk on his face which irritated Lisa further.

"What's so funny? You practically made me your mistress! How could you do that to your girlfriend!?"

Jungkook chuckled. "What are you saying? You're not my mistress. You're my wife, Lisa."

"But you have a girlfriend before we were married! That makes me a third party!"

"It happened a very long time ago. I'm already single when I married you so stop calling yourself that title. And I'm not someone who will cheat on my woman," Jungkook stressed on the last sentence.

Lisa scorned, not believing his words. "And I'm not someone who will believe that! You're a two-timing thick-faced jerk!"

Before Jungkook could even retort, Lisa stormed inside the villa and left him dumbfounded.

"Lisa! Come back here!" He called but the woman was already on the second floor.

She shut the door to their room with so much force it echoed on the house and made the other guards panicked thinking something exploded.

Jungkook thought answering her honestly and giving her what she wants would make her feel at ease, but he must've overestimated her a little. She wanted answers and when he did gave her, she became angry and even accused him of cheating.

Lisa never went out of the room that day. Her food for lunch and dinner were delivered to their room. Although Jungkook wanted to talk to her and clear things up, he also knew that she probably would not give up the argument. He groaned. Girls and their so-called intuitions.

After giving the guards a final reminder that night, he went up to their room, sleepy and tired. He turned the knob and sighed in defeat when it didn't open.

He knocked on it, calling out her name, hoping that this time she would open the door but he waited there for almost fifteen minutes and still no response from the woman inside.

He had no choice but to sleep on the living room. There's not much difference sleeping on the couch and on the divan anyway. However, he can't fall asleep despite feeling tired. It was the same as last night too. He was sleepless.