Chapter 3: Game Changer

As soon as Tokaku read the note she crumpled it up and threw it away.

"(Y/n) you asked me why I protected you right?"

*Elsewhere in a different time*

The meeting was held in the observatory, everyone in the black class attended, except Tokaku who was late. The meeting in question didn't wait and continued with the discussion.
Nio stepped into the center of the group and made a grand announcement.

"Well! Since the last student of black class has finally arrived. We can finally start the reason you were all brought here!"

A projector that was on displayed the target: (Y/n) (L/n)

"This is your target! You must eliminate (Y/n) to receive the reward!" Nio said enthusiastically
The others either smiled innocently or had a wicked expression on their faces. "Ok! Here are the rules!"

1. You must submit a warning letter to (Y/n) before attempting to assassinate her.

2. You have a total of 48 hours to complete said task

3. Failing in doing so will result in an expulsion.

4. You cannot add any other non players to this game, in doing so will cause for expulsion.

"So we can't bring our teacher into this?" Asked Isuke as she fiddled with her nails.

Nio in turn nodded while passing out the letters.

"Yes but that doesn't mean you can't have another student in the black class to aid you. But if you either of you fail it will result in an expulsion for all accomplices." Nio explained as she finished the door to the room was opened and in came Tokaku.

"Oh! Azuma I was wondering when you showed! Here. This is your warning letter!" Nio said happily as she skipped towards Tokaku with the letter in hand. Tokaku took the letter.

And ripped it to shreds.

She dropped the pieces of paper to the ground and glared at all the women in the room.

"I won't let any of you lay a single finger on (Y/n)."

"Is this even allowed?!" One of the girls asked.
"Well the rules don't necessarily prohibit such actions. But such an idealistic approach from an assassin like herself." Said another.

Nio pulled out her phone, "I'll ask!" She said happily as she called the higher ups. As she was about explain the situation, the woman in charge said it would be alright. Nio hangs up and informs everyone of the new change to the game. "So! Instead of 12 assassins and 1 target. Their now is 11 assassins, 1 protector and 1 target." She said as she smiled.

All the other killers looked either amused,annoyed, or ambivalent to the change.

*Back in the dorm before the meeting*
"You asked me why I protected you, right?"

"Yes?"

"Because I've fallen in love with you. So instead of being of 'them', I'll devote myself in protecting you till the very end (Y/n)." Tokaku confessed with big pride as she stood tall before you while you sat on the bed. As soon as she said this you blushed slightly. You crawled towards her and hugged her. "Thank you Tokaku." You said happily as you hugged her. She in turn turned her face and patted your head.

'... adorable.'

*(Y/n)'s End*

Hello my lovely readers! I've decided to add the ending songs from the anime. But since you've entirely replaced Haru. You get your own ending. I thought this song fit nicely so I hope you enjoyed. If you're wondering the chapter was short, it was because it was the 2nd part to the previous chapter. The next one will be long I promise. If you have any questions feel free to ask away~!