Chapter 6: Redemption

In class, the teacher announces while taking role that Otoya has 'transferred' schools. On her desk were Yamayuri's (their mountain lilies)

This causes Suzu to mention the flowers meaning which was "The joy of life." Which was up for interpretation from any of the students. The teacher also noticed with a sad xxpression changed to one of confusion. "Huh? It appears that Hashiri, (L/n), and Azuma are absent." He sighs and assumes that you're all late.

Meanwhile, you were in your dorm room with Tokaku. You were sleeping after last night's events. Your upper thigh treated and you were changed into some clothes. Tokaku sat by your side watching you and clutching your hand while you slept.

'... It'll be ok (Y/n). I swear I'll protect you from all no matter what. I promise to never leave your side after the game ends. That is my one and only wish.' She thinks with determination and slightly tightens her grab on your hand.

The day progresses, you and Tokaku eventually went to class and took a important test. Afterward class ended, you and Tokaku went to the library to study for the upcoming tests that followed.

"Alright! No matter what I'll do my best!" You said pumping yourself up for the grueling process of studying your pants off. The moment you read the first question from the test examples you sighed heavily and dumped your head in between some books. Tokaku looked up from her book, asked what's wrong? "The very 1st question I read was the hardest. Tokaku, do you happen to know how to solve this question?" You asked nicely as you smiled in her general direction. As she was about to answer.

Kaminaga grabs a pencil and writes down the formula for the equation. "Here you get the answer for the question by plugging in this equation and solving for X." She explains without so much as a pause or hesitation in her expression. "Woah! Thank you Kaminaga." You said happily as your eyes shimmered with hope seeing that she had your hand made key chain clipped to her pencil bag.

"Their's no need to thank me. It was a simple problem." She said walking off. Unbeknownst to her a very mad Tokaku watched her and glared heavily at her for taking the attention and spot light from her. She was going to show you how to do it but Koko took all the praise from you.

You noticed this and asked what was wrong. Tokaku did a 180° and changed back to her expressionless self. "Nothing... If you have ANY more questions ask me and I'll help you." She said with a little change in her usually tone. You thought she was just a little jealous so you chuckled and said you would. This made Tokaku show the rarest of blushes.

'.... How do you really feel about me (Y/n)?' She thought with hope in her mind that you felt the same way about her. While this happened, Koko was plotting in her head. 'Failure is not an option...' she thought to herself as she walks off.

Eventually everyone goes back to the dorms. In Koko's dorm she is sitting by a desk drawing out a diagram of the room you and Tokaku reside in. Suzu informs her she's taking a bath and all she got was an ok.

The next day was uneventful since jt was the second day of testing. You sat there deflated and tired from that long test. Once again you and Tokaku sat in the library studying. Tokaku fell asleep for a little bit while reading the book. You noticed this and took into detail her appearance and thought about how she looks so cute.

The calming silence was then interrupted by a loudly whispering Nio Hashiri. "Hey have you heard about the legends and rumors spread throughout the school?" You believed she did this to see if she'll get a reaction from the sleeping Tokaku. Instead she opened her eyes as if nothing happened,making Nio pout.

"No I haven't. Do tell please.' You said both in an attempt to procrastinate instead of studying and out of interest. Tokaku with a slightly frown asked what Nio was doing which she ignored and decided to gossip to about three different things.

"They say that at night, in the music room that the spirit of Mozart comes and conduct music so wildly that his hair is spinning crazily and that his eyes glow in the dark if you were to see him!"  Nio informed while wriggling her fingers.

"Really?!"

"I heard that his eyes glow only."
Tokaku decided to join in as an attempt to seem more talkative.

"A different rumor said that in the science department there's a anatomy of a human body that laughs wickedly. He laughs so hard that he drops all of his organs and has to pick them up."

"Spooky..."

"Hmm I was told he drops them and chases after them since he can't pick them up properly."

"Here's the last one I got for you. Apparently their is a hidden room that contains a book that can never be opened. If you can find the book and write your name in the checkout paper inside then your going to have eternal happiness!"

"That sounds nice." You said happily as Tokaku's face twitched slightly as she now grows mad at Nio for making you smile.

"That rumor sounds redundant. How could you write your name in a book that cannot be opened?" She said while looking back at her book.

"That's true I guess." Nio said, thinking of a explanation to the statement.

"Maybe it can only be opened and written in by those brave enough to find it and open it! If I were to find it I'd write both of our names Tokaku." You said while giving her a slight blush and smile.

Tokaku noticed this and buried her face into the book. In a attempt to distract the fact she was blushing heavily. "Shouldn't you be studying?" She asked. You gasped and turned around since you heard the librarian give you a glare for playing around instead of using your time wisely.

This caused you to apologize and continue working. Meanwhile Tokaku watched you from the corner of her eyes. Nio saw this and smirked and walks off.

It was the third day of testing, you and everyone else in the class have finished taking the test. Some feel like they did ok, you and a couple others believed you did horribly. Tokaku chuckled softly as to not be heard. She thought the way you acted defeated was very adorable.

You and Tokaku walked back to the dorm, while walking there you came across Chitaru and kirigaya from class. They were always holding hands, when you asked why, they said it was so Kirigaya doesn't get lost. Chitaru also confessed that she isn't here to kill you but is for a different reason. Tokaku didn't believe a word she said and dragged you to the dorms.

"You need to get a clue (Y/n). They're here for their own accord. The only person you can rely on is me." She said as she continued to hold your hand as y'all walked back to the dorm.

You nodded solemnly but held hope within you that someone else was on your side. When you walked in you gasped loudly, loud enough for Tokaku to run up to you and see the cause of your distress.

It was a warning letter.

Tokaku tsked as she opened it and read the contents within it. She pondered as to who it's from. You softly called her name as you opened the mini fridge and saw a grenade. You almost detonated it. Tokaku told you to back up while she fixed it. She deactivated it by putting the pin back slowly and you breathed an air of relief.

As you were about to get your juice out to drink it. Tokaku stopped you once more to notice something was array with the drink. She pulls out her knife that she always carried and punctures the side of the beverage. When the container finally emptied, revealed to your horror was another bomb inside.

"The killer must've set this one up as a plan b." Tokaku concluded as she closed the fridge and comfort you by hugging you out of no where.

Outside the dorm was Koko, who tsk'd at the failed attempt. She walks off and returns to her dorm where she plots for the second and last hours of her assassination attempt.