Final Chapter: Retribution

"Are you serious? This can't be happening..." you said crying, clutching the letter close to your chest.

You felt many emotions.

Fear

Confusion

Heartbroken

As Tokaku swung at you as you backed up slightly.

She managed to cut a little and slice a small portion of hair on the top.

"Before I wasn't able to kill. But the spell is lifted. I love you dearly (Y/n). Only death will I know the truth." Tokaku said seriously.

She moved up to swing again, panicking you throw a candle stand at her, she cuts it in half and swings once again. She missed by a couple centimeters. You had tripped up behind yourself and fell as she tried to slice you in half.

You sat on the ground feeling dejected, so with your last moments you look at Tokaku.

"Can you answer a question for me? Since you're so intent with killing me."

Tokaku looked to the side and nodded.

"Are you doing this because you felt betrayed by me? Thinking I was manipulating you into protecting me?"

"Yeah that sums it up perfectly."

"I see then, well go right ahead Tokaku. I hope it helps with whatever you're feeling. Just know I loved you since the day we met. I always thought you were a cool and collected person....hehee... " you giggled as tears dripped from your face. Tokaku rised the katana above her head. Before she could swing down on your defenseless body several shots are heard.

As you waited for impact a hand grabbed your arm and lifted you up.

"What're you doing doofus?! Come on this way!" A voice demanded as they took you and ran off to a different part of the room.

Tokaku had managed to avoid a majority of the bullets except one that had grazed her cheek. As soon as she heard the footsteps distance themselves she came out of her hiding spot and smirked.

As you ran with the person who saved you, it dawned on you who was your savior.

"...TOKAKU?!"

"What? Hurry this way."

"Tokaku how do I interpret this?! Their's two of you?!"

"No that's Nio, I should've seen this coming. The Azuma's of the east and the Kuzunoha's of the west." She said sighing.

"The Azuma's specialize in assassination and target hunting. The Kuzunoha's specialized in some type of Shamanism. They would use this type of skill to hypnotize and manipulate their target. Taking on forms of know individuals to course the target. The mist is probably what's messing with our distortion. She even took on my form, how cunning." Tokaku explained as she was stopped by you.

You both were the elevator but you felt a gut wrenching feeling in your chest.

"Tokaku you should just go and let Nio kill me."

"What're you even saying (Y/n)?!"

You distanced yourself from her.

"I might be unconsciously making you do this... Besides you don't see me the same now." You said with some tears streaming down your face.

"Don't worry I can handle myself. I'll be fine."

"Don't be ridiculous (Y/n), I don't care about that stupid stuff anymore. I just need you in my life, I love you (Y/n). Whether or not that has to do with your supposed power then I don't care. All I want is to be near you, if I'm not near you (Y/n) everything begins to hurt. To live without you means my life doesn't have a purpose anymore." Tokaku declared to you.