Chapter 16: Mama

As Isuke stood in the rain she thinks about her past as a child. Her parents almost killed her at a young age until a man, an assassin saved her by killin her wretched parents. The man told her to call him mama and that he would raise her into his line of work.

She smiled widely and laughed aloud once more.

"Don't worry mama~! I'll finish the job and come home~!" She said aloud and proceed to go out into the rain.

After running for awhile, Tokaku brought you back to the school. The school by now was deserted due to the fact that it was late into the afternoon and that a typhoon was going to hit.

She lead you both into one of the classes so she could patch up her wound.
Tokaku ripped a piece of skirt. As she was going to wrap it around her cut arm, you stopped her.

"I'll do it."

She smiles and hands you the cloth while sue returned to her serious mode.

While you wrapped she told you to tighten it. You nodded and followed with her orders as you tied it tightly against the wound. She winced at the pain.

Your face saddened and you unconsciously got up and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you for always protecting me." You said with a small smile

Tokaku blushed and nodded while thinking about the letter....

"I was wrong... Bamba's not coming... It's only Isuke. We should still be wary though. Nothing says that Isuke could've faked the letter out to Bamba. But that doesn't mean that Bamba is also working with her. Regardless...."

She theorized as she began barricading the door to the room. When she finished, she turned towards you.

"Give me your phone."

"Uh ok..." You said bewildered by her actions.

She took your phone and input her contact her information. You must've forgotten to ask for it since you were always with Tokaku.

"Here, if anything happens message me." She said as she neared the window and opened it, she positioned her self to jump out.

"But your wound! Let me come with you! I can help." You pleaded. Tokaku with a serious look on her face glared in thought before shaking her head.

"You'll only slow me down." She exclaimed before jumping out and leaning on a ledge. She closed the window behind her and proceeded side step into another class room. The window was locked so she was forced to use her knife to break it and unlatch it from the inside.

You on the other hand frowned at her words. You kneeled before the floor and clutched the phone to your chest. You were saddened by her words but you knew it was the truth. "I won't burden you for now I guess." You promised to yourself.

Tokaku on the other hand was examining the room she was in. It was the art room. She exited the room while thinking back to the previous encounter with Isuke.

'I saw her attack coming, she read all my moves.' Tokaku thought bitterly as she ran through the halls looking for Isuke. She thought back to her past. Thinking about what Nio said. "Curses and ghost are real ya know!"

'...Am I cursed then?' (The thing about Tokaku is that she isn't able to kill her target. She CAN but the thing is that something in her past was so traumatic that she thinks back to it and it stops her from ever finishing the job. This is her first job as a full trained assassin so don't be quick to judge her skills.)

Tokaku thought as she was interrupted by a presence near by. Tokaku in a swift motion swiped with her knife and was deflected by Isuke's  knuckle blade.