Chapter 21: The Truth

The atmosphere around you and Tokaku has became awkward. You told Tokaku you'd tell her the truth just not at the moment.

You've become distant and somewhat reclusive. Tokaku has noticed this, as much as she wants to comfort you, she's dealing with her own thoughts. So she tends to avoid long conversations and eye contact with you. As hard as it is for her not to keep an eye on you this needed to be done so you can reveal your secret.

Class had ended, the only people in the room was you,Tokaku, and Nio....

Nio gets up from her seat as soon as the teacher left the classeoom since the day had ended. She stretches and sighs delighted. She had a frown throughout the lesson but smiles wearily.

"Poor teach, let's hope he teaches a normal class next time. Oh yeah...
Their will be a meeting in the observatory one last time. The students in the black class interested as to find out the truth should attend. I'm sure you already know the truth as to why you're the target though, right (Y/n)?" Nio asked mischievously.

You and Tokaku silently went to lunch... The lunch was also relatively silent. You look at Tokaku who wasn't looking at you, she continued eating.

"Tokaku..."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Do you recall what Hanabusa said the other day?"

"..."

"Well-"

As soon as you were going to straight out and confess, Nio sits beside you while slamming her tray as a way to quiet you.

"Hahh? What're you two talking about? I told you all will be revealed at the orientation meeting tonight."

Tokaku frowns and picks her tray up. You were going to follow until she spoke.

"I'm done eating. You can stay here and take your time... No one's coming to kill you anymore." She spoke coldly as she left. You felt your face sadden.

You were left to eat your lunch with Nio who was stuffing her face in a burger.

"So the chairman lady is your grandmother?" Nio asked as she eat looking at you curiously.

While smiling sadly you nodded.

"I've never met her before. I generally never talked with people of my clan... I just lived normally..."

Nio laughs

"That again? Isn't it abnormal to live a life of being consistently targeted?"

You gasped at the realization.

"Ah sorry didn't mean to speak so harshly."

"No no it's you're right. I... I"

"It's alright, you're not like the rest if us.  You're different and that's ok."

*At the rooftop*

Tokaku was furiously typing away at her phone. She was texting her employer of her work like usual. As she tucks her phone away she feels something rumbling in her pocket. Taking it out, it's the cellphone charms you made for your classmates on the first day of school.  She glares at the memory. She then recalls what Hanabusa said.

'The similarities between a rabbit and a worker bee, is that they'll risk anything to protect the queen. Even risking their own lives. What do you think of that Ms.Worker Bee?'

Tokaku felt confused with her thoughts.

'She's been fooling us since day 1, recruiting us like a shield. She'll dispose of you the moment she no longer feels need of you'