Chapter 9: Families

Without letting Tokaku know, you met up with Nio to talk about Tokaku's family clan during lunch.

"Nio, is Tokaku clan that incredible as some students say?"

"Incredible doesn't even begin to describe it! In some circles, when people hear the Azuma clan name- whoo hoo!" She exclaimed as you listened

"That famous huh?"

"There isn't a soul who hasn't heard of them! They're a clan of assassins that's reigned supreme over the dark side of this country since ancient times!
The Azuma's of the east
The Kuzunoha's of the west
In every era, those two were always their to serve those in high power. Secretly altering history. " Nio concluded as you nodded.

Tokaku slammed her food try right beside you startling you for a second.
She frowned and mentioned a rule to Nio who in turn just acted childish.

"Instead of asking some lackey about my family, you should talk to me directly."

Nio childishly added that she was a lackey while striking a pose.
"O-oh! Well what's your family like?"

"What is this a marriage interview?" Nio added to just mess around.

"I don't know my father's face, my mother died right after I was born. I was raised by my grandmother. As far as relatives go...... I have none." She finished with a solemn look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up."

"Oh! What a coincidence! I'm actually alone in this world to~!" Nio decided to chip in.

"I don't care" Tokaku added as she started to eat the curry she ordered.

"Aw..." Nio comically slumped to the table.

After a short while you all attended classes. After class ended, Tokaku waited outside the classroom for you. As she waited she looking outside, her thoughts were interrupted by Haruki walking and standing beside Tokaku.

"Another peaceful day huh?"

Tokaku nodded trying not really acknowledge Haruki.

"I wanted apologize for what I said. I had gotten a phone call from home and it just messed me up you know."

(The phone call was from her family. She has no mother or father from what I've read. She has 11 siblings. She became an assassin so she could enough money to support her family. She's very sensitive about her family. She had gotten a phone call from the 2nd eldest and it was to check up on Haruki.)

T

okaku nodded once again and before she could say a word Haruki spoke once again.