Chapter Five -

Lisa

I shut the girl's door behind me and locked it, putting the key in my pocket. I put my forehead to the closed door. I saw her body again, laying face down on the mattress, welts crisscrossing the back of her body from shoulder to ankle. I wanted to trace each one with the tip of my tongue, leaving no part of her untouched. Through the door I could hear her muffled crying and a strange shiver ran through me.

Tension coiled inside me, manifesting in my entire body, my muscles tight. I stretched my hands then fisted them tightly, knuckles popping then relaxing. I loosened my body further, forcing myself to unwind. It was three in the morning. I was wired, sweaty, and in need of something, anything - a woman maybe. I looked away, the soft hue of the lights muted but illuminating enough.

I liked this house. I liked it more with each passing week I spent inside it. From what I was told, it was once a sugar plantation until the Mexican revolution put an end to slave labor. The land was barren now, but the house still stood. The owner had spent hundreds of thousands remodeling the home, allowing for electricity throughout, though many things were still incomplete. The large, square kitchen still looked like it was falling apart, but you could see flashes of the new and modern. It had a fire stove, but a state-of-the-art microwave. The ceramic tile under my feet was probably original, but the fireplace was electric. In fact, the only room in the house that was completely finished was the one I currently occupied – the master suite.

In the background the girl continued to cry, and the sound of her sobs seemed amplified to my ears. When I shut my eyes my brain immediately sought the memory of her flushed body tied to the bedpost - open, at my complete mercy.

I let out a sigh and adjusted myself. Perhaps I'd visit the bar up the street and find a more than hospitable woman to take my mind off that girl behind the locked door. I raked my fingers through my hair and expelled another rush of air as I made my way across the kitchen. I opened the fridge door, the cool, swampy air felt good against my skin, too good.

Every nerve ending in my body was alert at the moment. Even the clothes I wore added a friction when I moved. Propping my elbow on the refrigerator door, I leaned in and wrapped my fingers around a bottle of Dos Equis. The condensation on the bottle instantly reminded me of sweat. I thought of the girl again, and other girls, past slaves; I never tired of their salty taste, and sweet smelling sweat. Only women could boast of such a thing. Only women were capable of being so fucking sexy you wanted to lick them clean when they considered themselves dirty. I shut my eyes, leaning my forehead against the freezer of the fridge as I indulged in the base sensations that coursed through me. I smiled, faintly to myself before it slipped away. I opened my eyes and pushed away from the fridge, shutting it softly. I had conquered and she had submitted. A small victory, but it was a start.

I popped off the cap on the bottle, letting the metal skid across the granite counter. I brought the beer to my lips. Strong, cold, carbonated fluid rushed down my throat dissipating some of the heat in my body. There was no denying how good I felt. I felt powerful, and nothing was more important than power. Even the girl seemed to know it or she wouldn't try to defy me at every turn.

I leaned against the counter, drink in hand but not drinking. The girl was absolutely crazy. My mouth tilted up at the corners, a smirk threatening to become a full-blown smile. If she knew who she was dealing with, she wouldn't try to provoke me so much. She was downright adversarial. I winced, remembering how her knee had collided with my balls. Fuck! She was lucky I hadn't put a belt to her ass right then. Yet, if I had, perhaps the food incident might not have happened.

A short burst of laughter escaped my lips as I recalled the look on her face when I told her to call me Master. Her eyes had said it all in that moment. I was going to have to break her down to her foundation before I'd have any chance of building her back up. The challenge was intriguing to say the very least, truly, unexpected.