Chapter Thirty-Four -

Lisa

- WWW -

There was no applause. Just the sound of Jennie's broken sobs and Kid's muted pants.

I felt...well, I didn't know how I felt. I only knew I wanted Jennie. I wanted her close and away from all the prying eyes around them. Jiyong had not arrived and I was overwhelmed with anger and regret in addition to an influx of emotions I had no time to analyze.

"I'm taking her upstairs," I said, gathering Jennie's naked and quivering body into my arms. I noticed Kid's eyes, glazed with unshed tears, and harboring a more than guilty expression. If I didn't know better, I'd say the boy was smitten in the worst way. The very idea seemed to incite my anger and yes, my jealousy. I was teeming with jealousy. If I didn't get away from Kid soon, I worried I'd be unable to control myself.

She kissed him.

She'll kiss Vladek, too.

I couldn't think about it. My thoughts were too dangerous. My emotions were too raw and logic was quickly fleeing. Devoid of reason, I could find no cause to keep me from taking Jennie upstairs and fucking her senseless. I wanted to scrub every trace of Kid from her body and clear every memory of him from Jennie's mind. I wanted her to think only of me, to be, with me.

'You can't do it, can you? You can't let her go. Find a way, Lisa. Find a way to make Jiyong understand.'

My thoughts ran wild as I held Jennie to my chest and walked toward my room. My heart pounded a sharp tattoo I could visibly see shifting her in my arms.

Once upstairs, I gently placed Jennie onto my bed. In the short time it had taken me to get to my room she had somehow managed to sob her way into a kind of sleep. Her eyes were closed. Every so often, she would take in a deep breath and her chest shuddered before she exhaled. I looked down at her sleeping form and wondered what she dreamed about in her passed-out state of slumber. Her body jerked, twisting her over onto her back, her nakedness open for the taking. I wanted to take her. My erection pressed into the zipper of my pants, begging for release.

I closed my eyes in order to relax, still standing next to the bed. Her smell permeated my senses, a fragrance light, musky, and all her own. It had pulled him to her earlier tonight. Like a sea siren calling to a sailor, her need compelled me to act. Without thought, I had rolled my sleeves up and dived in with both hands to quench her thirst.

Mine.

The word was a declaration. It rocked me to my very foundation. It was a truth I'd kept hidden for far too long. I didn't know anything about love, or loving anyone, but I knew...Jennie, was mine. I owned her. I possessed her and I knew, with everything I was, I couldn't give her away.

Mine!

Mine!

Mine!

Jiyong will understand. I'll make him understand.

I was far from rational. Deep down, I knew Jiyong wouldn't understand. He would see it as the deepest betrayal. He would demand the impossible of me. Jiyong would try to hurt us both. I pushed those thoughts away.

Before common sense could return, I gently raised Jennie's hands and untied her wrists. Jennie sighed, and I lied down on top of her in time to watch her eyes flutter open. I stared into her deep, chocolate-colored eyes and saw myself reflected in their depths as she focused on me. A myriad of feelings passed through me, jealousy and possessiveness at the forefront. I needed to make her mine: unequivocally and irreversibly.