Chapter Twenty-Five -

- w -

Jungkook swallowed past the dryness in his throat. If he didn't know better, he would suspect Jennie of having some sort of telepathic ability. He sat still in the uncomfortable chair and tried not to draw attention to the raging erection he was sporting.

Jennie's eyes were fixed on him, but her stare seemed to move through him and beyond to some place he couldn't see. Her eyes were brimmed with tears, but for whatever reason, Jungkook doubted they had much to do with the story. In fact, she had told it with some fondness which he found disturbing given the situation.

Unbidden, the image of a young woman, dressed in white leather and wearing an enormous dildo flashed into his mind and right on its heels, he wondered what it might be like to be forced to suck it in front of a room full of strangers. Jungkook's erection throbbed angrily and not for the first time, he was ashamed. He sighed, disappointed with himself, and crossed his ankle over his knee to better hide himself.

He clicked his pen a few times because his fingers were anxious for something to do and then he wrote down the names: 'Kid', Nancy, and Rosa (No known last name). "So, that was the night you met, Jiyong, and Felipe. Do you know what happened to Kid or Nancy? How did they end up at the house? Did Lisa kidnap them, too?"

Jennie glowered, but seemed unable to stop staring off into space long enough to direct it at him. He couldn't make sense of her feelings toward her captor, despite knowing how common it was. There just didn't seem to be anything there worth caring about as far as Jungkook was concerned. However, he did acknowledge there was a lot about Jennie worth admiring. She had spent the last four months in the company of kidnappers, rapists, murderers, drug dealers, and human traffickers, but she'd somehow maintained a certain naivety and triumphant strength that apparently, could not be stripped away from her.

"I don't know what happened to them. The last time I saw them, they were both alive. Kid is probably fine; Felipe really liked him. Nancy...I don't know. Maybe she's still with Jiyong," she whispered without blinking.

"Are you alright, Miss Kim?" Jungkook asked. His erection was finally starting to wane and he could focus on his questions.

The girl finally blinked and swiped at the fat tears sliding down her cheeks as a result. "I'm fine, Jeon. It's just...never mind." She looked up at him and tried to smile, but it was a weak effort and they both knew it.

"Tell me. I know I'm not Dr. Kim, but I have been around, Miss Jennie Kim." Jungkook smiled when she finally let her smile reach her eyes.

"Kim. I don't know what her deal is. She's always so nice to me, but it annoys me for some reason. I don't think she's disingenuous, but I just know there's more to her than she lets on. I mean, she works for the FBI, like you. Only, she's not like you, at all."

"Oh? And what am I like?" Jungkook said.

She rolled her eyes, "You're a jerk, Agent Jeon."

"You're kind of a jerk, too, Miss Kim," Jungkook said dryly. She laughed.

"Aww, that's so sweet," Jennie said, slightly mocking but she laughed again, unrestrained, almost like a girl without any problems.

"So, you don't like Kim," he rephrased. "Why?"

"I didn't say I didn't like her, Jeon. You're always putting words in my mouth," she admonished. "Don't think I didn't notice you implied Lisa kidnapped Kid and Nancy. She couldn't have, she was with me, remember?"

Jungkook smiled wryly and shook his head, "I didn't imply it, Miss Kim. I asked the question. That's my job. Also, we both know she did. Maybe she didn't do it herself, but she was there and she ordered it. Regardless, adding more kidnapping to the list of charges against her is hardly going to make a difference." Jennie was quiet for a long time after that, thinking, Jungkook assumed.