Chapter Seven -

Jennie

- www -

If I concentrated, I could stay on my tiptoes, which lessened the unbearable strain from my shoulders and back. I was my pain and nothing else. No thoughts, no emotions, only a body screaming to be released. My calves twitched with pain and a cramp formed. I pushed all my weight toward the floor, to alleviate the fire in my legs. I twisted this way and that, hoping to find a position that hurt a little less than the one before it. The minutes dragged into endless hours. Pain saturated every muscle in my tautly stretched body. I began to whimper softly, which merely grew louder with every breath. Panic in, panic out. I had been afraid of being beaten. Now I'd let her beat me if only she'd let me go.

A horrifying thought broke through to me. What if she isn't even here? What if she doesn't come back for a long time? How could I stand this kind of torture for another hour, let alone a full night? If it was even nighttime.

I tried to stop being the pain, tried to let my mind conquer my body. I honed in on the sound of my leather-bound wrists creaking against the post of the bed. My breathing. The way my body heat had warmed the wrought iron of the bed at my back. I tried to find the peace just beyond the pain, beyond my suffering. Just as I had when she'd spanked me – but the trick didn't work for me this time.

Every breath I took seemed to make my bonds tighter. I cried. Quietly at first, then in loud mewling groans. My stomach turned and I suddenly understood why she didn't gag me...I was going to vomit. I struggled to keep breathing, and thinking soothing thoughts that managed to keep the stomach cramps at bay. The story of my life - keeping the inevitable at bay.

Droplets of sweat ran down the well of my breasts and gathered in my belly button. It agitated me, this feeling of sticky sweat all over. My hair clung to my face, back and sides. It was driving me toward delirium. I shook violently with frustration, every muscle turning to molten pain. Then I heard the last thing I expected.

For a moment, I shook it off as a figment of my imagination. I couldn't remember how often in the past I had woken in the dark thinking I'd heard something. I'm imagining things. I stood silently and focused intently on the sounds around me. Not being able to see sharpened my hearing, but I couldn't pinpoint the source of the noise. It was everywhere. I kept my breath shallow unwilling to let the sound of my own breath distract from my search. I heard it again. Definitely a woman. Crying? No, something else. There were screams, yes, some of them reminiscent of pain, but they rode on the wave of something much more primal sounding. Sweat beaded on my overheated skin only to grow fat and race across the contours of my body. I strained to hear, but strove not to feel. I listened harder and caught the distinctly loud thud of something hitting what could only be a wall or some other hard, stationary object repeatedly.

I stood still, taking rapid breaths while trying to take in all that surrounded me.

Someone was having sex.

Was that...Lisa? With her, that woman? Even as I asked myself, I knew the answer. Of course. Lisa was having sex.

Mother. Fucker. Heat bloomed across my body. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't scream. But emotion had returned. She had tied me – naked – to a bedpost. To suffer. And she was somewhere in the house fucking some whore's brains out. She wasn't thinking of me. Of the pain I was in because of her. She simply did. Not. Care. Hot tears streamed down my face.

I couldn't help but wonder if she was being kind to her. Was her face buried between her legs as she had done to me? The thought did unusual things to me. I had never had an orgasm before. Never. But she had forced it out of me. What did that mean? I panicked, frantic and trying with all my remaining strength to pull myself loose...nothing.