Chapter Twenty-Nine -

Lisa

- www –

I knew my weight was probably crushing Jennie, but I wasn't quite ready to address this new and provocative situation. I supposed it was common for a person, especially a female person, to say incredulous things in the throes of passion, but I couldn't actually say it had ever happened to me before. She had said she loved me. She'd said it during a very intense orgasm, but she'd said it just the same. Even now, I felt the heat and wetness of her tears against my shoulder. She wasn't sobbing, or blubbering. In fact, the way she was caressing my thigh with her fingertips suggested she was quite content if not sated.

Wanting suddenly to put an end to my discomfort, stemming both from my own thoughts as well as the feeling of heat and stickiness, I moved to disengage my from Jennie. She made a series of adjusting sounds as I peeled off of her, wiping the semen off of my lower abdomen with the edge of her nightgown. She scrunched her nose, as if it were the most disgusting thing she'd ever seen; I didn't respond.

I didn't like the feelings running through me. I replayed the incident in my mind, trying to find the exact moment in which I'd lost control and fallen under the spell of the woman who was supposed to be my captive. She couldn't even move, yet it was impossible to ignore the hold she had over me with her big innocent eyes and pouty trembling mouth.

I pulled my boxers up and sat on the edge of the bed, trying to think of what to say. I heard her sigh contentedly just before the warmth of her cheek pressed against my back causing a mild tingle to spread through me. She wrapped her arms loosely around my waist.

"Please, don't," Jennie whispered softly against my back.

"Don't, what?"

"Whenever something nice happens...between us...you're mean after." Jennie pressed herself against her back and held her tighter.

My confusion was turning toward anger, but I knew she was right. My instinct was to lash out in an effort to get distance between me and Jennie. I called her a coward, threatened her with humiliation and violence, even fucked another woman in front of her to try and stop whatever was happening between them. None of it worked. Here they were in yet another emotionally compromising situation. It was exhausting.

"I love you!" Jennie's words echoed through my thoughts. I looked down at Jennie's arms, the way she held me there. I realized it was a silent plea: "I could stay with you...be with you." I closed my eyes and let myself place my hand on her arm, holding her there in return.

"I can't," I replied, knowing my words were odd. Jennie had neither asked a question nor requested a response, but I just knew she would understand what I was trying to say.

"Why, Lisa? Why can't you?" she whispered. I swallowed thickly. She did understand. I'd known she would, but it affected me nonetheless.

Because none of this makes any fucking sense! I wanted to yell the words, but said, "I have to go."

"No, you don't, Lisa. You don't have to go." Her arms gripped me like a vise.

I wanted to correct her, yet again, for using my name, but it felt ridiculous to do so at this point. Jennie was just too fucking stubborn. It didn't matter what I said or did. Ultimately, there were simply some orders she would not obey. If there was any compromise on the issue, it was she didn't do it in front of others.

"I need to take a shower," I said in the hopes logic would prevail.

"I need to take one too," she countered. "We could take one together? I need your help."