Chapter Eighteen -

Lisa

- w –

Jennie got in the car and slammed the door. She tried to hide it, but I saw the way she winced and rubbed her collarbone.

"Happy? Have we taught the door a lesson?" I taunted through a gentle laugh.

Her eyes narrowed in my direction, her rage unmistakable. "I can't believe what you did to those people Lisa. You're just...never mind. Can we just go please?"

My ire, dormant because of my unexpected orgasm earlier, now rose to the surface. "Which part can't you believe?" I snapped, jamming the key in the ignition of the stolen car and turning it. "The part where I rescued you from a bunch of would-be rapists that beat you half to death? Or perhaps the part where – at great risk to myself – I kidnapped a doctor to help save you? Which part is it, because I'd like to know which of those things I should never do for you again?" I threw the vehicle in gear and took off. For a moment, I didn't care Jennie had been jostled in her seat.

Silence.

I sat back, satisfied. It wasn't like I killed them. The doctor and his wife were free to live their lives, no worse for wear. Jennie had been mortified to find the couple exactly as I had left them the night before – taped to their dining room chairs. Granted, the fact they had urinated on themselves during the course of the evening was distasteful, but they were otherwise unharmed. In a different situation, I might not have let them off so easy. I wondered how Jennie would have reacted to such a thing.

"Thank you," Jennie muttered from the passenger seat.

"For what?" I was still irritated.

"For saving my life. Even if you're just going to put it in danger again," she whispered.

I had no response. It was exactly what I was going to do. Drive her to Tuxtepec, bring her to Jiyong, train her, sell her...lose her forever.

And kill Vladek. Don't forget that part.

The thought didn't assuage the guilt taking up residence inside me. My heart was heavy, my thoughts scrambled. Still, I couldn't allow myself to show weakness. All the turmoil within me had to be hidden, from every one.

"You're welcome, Kitten," I scoffed. From the corner of my eye, I watched Kitten swipe at her eye and flick her tears toward the floor of the car. Ruining my life!

Things had been so much easier in the shower, easier when it was just the two of them and the outside world seemed irrelevant and beyond the reach of my thoughts. The world was in the car with them now and it was Kitten who seemed beyond reach.

After she'd made me feel more pleasure than I'd ever had – with a hand job, no less – I'd reveled in soaping her skin, watching intently as water sluiced over the taut peaks of her nipples, down the slopes of her tan belly and hips, and descending past the raven triangle between her thighs. I'd touched her there as well, sifted my fingers through her sparse hair until I felt her slippery flesh part under my fingers. It was like opening a flower, her petals pink and vibrant, shiny with dew and lust.

I'd knelt before her, worshipful. She'd opened for me, hungry, full of want. My every sense had been engaged and focused on her. I could smell her arousal, I could see the way her flesh darkened, and against my fingers I had felt her tremble, I had heard her soft whimpers. She had begged me to taste her. Slowly, I had licked her tiny bud.