Chapter Twenty -

Jennie

- www –

Day 8:

I'm feeling somewhat better today. I still miss Lisa, I don't think the feeling will ever go away, but I can get through several minutes without wanting to break down and weep for her; it's progress. Dr. Kim says one day I'll make it to an hour...a day – but that's as far as I let myself hope. The thought of one day not thinking of her at all is just too much for me. It feels like a betrayal to ever hope for such things.

Once again, I am sitting in the dreadfully cheery room they use to interrogate Kindergarteners. This time, I don't have to do very much talking. I have a lawyer to do it for me. He and Agent Jeon have been battling it out for the last hour. Hanbin, my lawyer, isn't much to look at, but he's very smart and incredibly aggressive. There's something super hot about watching the two of them argue...or maybe I just like Jeon when he's unsettled.

His hair is somewhat disheveled from where he's run his fingers through it so many times to keep from punching Hanbin in his face. Every now and again, his eyes flick to me and I feel a dark thrill just thinking about what he'd like to do to me if only he could. If he were Lisa, I would assume a spanking is most certainly in order!

"When exactly did you imagine yourself as...? My lover?" My heartbeat vibrated my skull. "Was it the first time I made you come with my mouth? Or one of the many times since, that I've put you over my knee? You seem to like that."

And there she is – Lisa, in my thoughts, in my blood. I can feel my face getting warmer, my stomach getting tighter and already there is the drumbeat of my arousal pulsing between my legs. I squeeze them together and get so lost in my thoughts it takes me a second to realize Jeon is still staring at me. When our eyes finally meet, I blush – hard. I smile when he blushes too.

Agent Jeon clears his throat and takes a drink of water. It's enough to bring back his control. I sigh through my disappointment.

"Agent Jeon," Hanbin says, reclaiming Jeon's attention, "my client is being held on ridiculous charges that would never stand up in court. She was living with her mother and attending high school at the time of her kidnapping. Even though she's eighteen, the U.S. Attorney would be hard pressed to try her as an adult. If she's considered a minor and involved in a human trafficking case, under Section 107 of the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000, she's protected from the FBI's tactics of investigation. There's no point in us even sitting here. I should be talking to the U.S. Attorney, not you."

Jeon does not look happy, but he doesn't look beat either. "Your client has two-hundred-fifty-thousand dollars in a foreign bank account. How did it get there? She won't say. Also, she's been living with suspected terrorists. She's admitted to it. Then, there's the small matter of her knowledge of a meeting between enemies of the United States taking place in less than a week! We need information and her refusal to give it qualifies as an obstruction of justice –"

"What terrorists!?!" I yell at Jeon and move to stand, but Hanbin calmly pushes me back into my seat.

"Choi Muhammad Jiyong, Jay Won, Felipe Villanueva, and of course Lisa," he says. "Do you or do you not, also have information about Demitri Balk?"

"I never said I knew him!"

"You said you knew where he'd be," Jeon says with a raised eyebrow.

"Miss Kim, please stop talking and let me handle this," Hanbin says in an irritated tone.

"By the way," begins Jeon anew, ignoring my lawyer and focused on me, "Balk is suspected of having ties to arms dealing and narcotics trafficking. And until I know how you," he jabs his finger in my direction, "are involved, you're a suspect too. You can deal with me or I can let the DEA and Homeland Security in here and when they use Patriot Act against you, don't say I didn't warn you."