"What's that on your arm?"

I creep out the house straightening my school uniform as I walk out. I was annoyed at the idea of being a 6th Former and having to wear a uniform. It wasn't as bad as the year 11's and below but it was still ugly. It was a burgundy and green kilt shorter than the grey kilt form last year. A burgundy blazer and a plain white shirt. Of course there was a tie which was green and burgundy striped. I mean being in an private all girls school wasn't the best. My dad paid for my education and I would try to visit him at least every month. My mum wouldn't let him take custody over me after their divorce which was a shame because I preferred him much more, he now lived in Bedford and I was up in Luton so there wasn't the biggest difference. Than my mum got remarried to a squiffy man called Jason. He was an absolute prick. He would always beat me up for no reason but luckily for me I could defend my self sometimes . Last night he had pinned me to the ground and repeatedly punched my stomach, I was trying to be strong not to cry so I had brought my knee up and kicked him in the balls. Mum Just stood there watching.

I was walking to school and there was a big ugly bruise on my arm I knew people would see it when I remove my blazer but I would make up and excuse and say I was caught in the door way. I had mad my way into the school building 15 minuets early and I saw my friend Isla sitting on her phone in the 6th Former common room. "Isla. How was you're weekend?" I ask her. I knew she went to visit her cousin Reece over the weekend in Accrington.

"Luna hi!" She exclaimed "It was good. I met his friends and also they're coming down this weekend so please I want to introduce them to you." I'm not big on meeting new people but I knew Reece and he was a friend so I'd do it just for them both.

"Alright" i tell her as I tug my blazer off and place it next to me. There was only a handful of people on the common room so I didn't worry big time about my arm.

"Luna?" Isla asks me I hum in response "what's that on your arm?" She asks pointing at my bruise.

"I was caught i the door way on Saturday." I tell her with a nervous laugh. She looks like she doesn't believe me but she shrugs and moves on.

The day went fast and I had ended up locked in my bedroom writing out paragraphs for my Spanish. Believe it or not I was Spanish on my dad side, however my honey coloured skin made me look British. I took A-Level Spanish since it was an easy A* and they are going to let me take the exams with they year thirteen's in a couple of weeks now since it was almost June. I heard the front door open so I had a feeling it was Jason coming back from the bar that was only a few seconds away from us. I had a song called 'Dicen' on loop in the background whilst I was doing my homework.

I looked at the pile of poetry books in the corner of my room which I bought myself for my birthday in March I had finished them in less then a month and now I needed more books and poetry. "Luna Luís." I hear my name being called It definitely wasn't my mum or Jason so I looked out my window and find Isla standing there.