Chapter 4 : Boys Boys Boys.

"Okay, so what did you want to talk about?" I ask him.

"Well, I just wanted to apologize," he said scratching the back of his neck and avoiding eye contact.

"Why should I believe you?" I ask softly.

"I know that I've been a jerk to you ever since you've been here. I just... I don't know. Maybe Jeremiah was right, maybe the only reason I didn't like you is because you snapped at me when I first talked to you. I'm not used to it. Girls usually just fall to my feet," he says the last part with a little smile to himself. I roll my eyes.

"Sorry, that's beside the point though, Jazzy. I really am sorry that I've been a jerk to you. I never meant to hurt you," he continues.

"Okay, okay, stop being all sappy, it's fine, I guess. we sound like were in a relationship or something. It's creeping me out," I tell him.

He takes a piece of my hair and twists it around his finger, making me get butterflies.

Stop it, I tell myself. STOPP. He acts like a huge jerk to you! well, not anymore... He apologized. But I bet it's just a trick or something. but it sounded sincere...

As I'm arguing with myself, he leans in closer to me and whispers in my ear, "I'm really sorry Jazzy." it makes shivers go down my spine and my face go red.

As I start to pull away,  

I remember when we broke up, the first time. 

saying this is it I've had enough, cause like. 

we haven't seen eachother in a month, 

when you said you needed space. What?

Plays from my phone, I walk over to get it off my bed and pick up.

"Hello?"

"Jazzers, It's Chad."

"Don't call me that, and yeah, I know. what do you want?"

"To talk to you... To explain to you what happened... To apologize... To beg for you back."

"No, Chad. Stop. I don't want to talk to you, I don't want you back and I don't need an explanation. Goodbye."

"WAIT!! Please... Jasmine," he says softly.

"What?"

"Who's Jeremiah?" he asks and I can feel jealousy in his words and anger growing in me. who does he think he is? he can't just cheat on me and then get jealous if I'm talking to another guy.

"Jazzy?" I hear Cameron say and turn around and hold up one finger.

"Who was that? that didn't sound like Jeremiah," Chad says.

"Because it wasn't," I tell him.

"What the hell you slut? we just broke up and you're banging two guys?!" Chad yells. See that's the thing, Chad was always nice and loving to me when no one was around, but didn't pay attention to me in front of people. He's also bipolar. That's why Genna hated him.

"Really?" I choke out.

"Yeah, who the hell do you think you are?! Well, two can play that game!"

"Stop being so... so... Chad! you're being a jerk and acting like everything is a game.. I don't want to play this game."

"Oh shut up, even if your parents did die, doesn't give you a right to sleep around!" he screams.

"...............Goodbye Asshole."

"Wait, Jasmine, I didn't-," he starts, but I hang up.

"Can you go? I just... Can you just send Jeremiah in?" I ask Cameron as I go back over.