Chapter 16 : What Have I Done?

Jeremiah's POV :

"Jasmine, lets go," Cameron says knocking on her door.

"One second," she says and then comes out with a neon green dress with three black buttons on the top half with a brown belt on right under her boobs. Her brown hair is curled in perfect spirals.

"Wow, you look gorgeous," Cameron says.

"Thanks," she smiles at him. A genuine smile. Probably because he's talking to her.

She runs over to me in brown ankle boots and kisses me. "Bye baby." and then turns and leaves.

Great, my girlfriend is going to be at a senior party with my brother who has a crush on her and who has kissed her and gone on a romantic date together and I'm not there. What have I done?

__________________________________________

Why did I let her go? Or more importantly, why didn't I go? I ask myself, pacing in my room. As I'm silently cursing myself Mitch walks in my room.

"Why are you pacing?" he asks.

"Because, I don't know what to do," I complain.

He sits on my couch, "About?"

"Jasmine. I saw her first! she's my girlfriend, but she's out with Cameron!"

He rolls his eyes, "she's a person, not an object. You can't just see her first and expect to keep her forever. And seriously? she's at a party, not 'out with Cameron'," he says. " I mean, did you see how hot she looked when she left? She's gonna be banged by more than just Cameron tonight."

"You're not helping," I say.

"Just trying to bring truth into the situation. Besides, she's with Tristan and Adrian. They're not going to let her do anything with Cameron or anyone else for that matter. She's your girlfriend and they know that."

I sigh, relazing he's right, "Whose home?"

"Sammie, Me, and You," he says.

"Where's Mercy?" I ask.

"With Mom somewhere."

"Ight, I'm going to overthink the situation, so shoo," I tell him, when someome buzzes the gate. I look and see Kelsey.

"Kelsey? I'll let you in."

I open the door and tell her to come in. She steps inside and takes off her shoes. Her eyes are puffy and nose is running. "Is Jasmine here?" she asks.

"Uhm, no, she's at that party. What's wrong?" I ask, gently. I'm good at this.

"Oh. Duh. Sorry, I'll just come back when she's here," she says and turns to put her shoes back on, but I take her hand and lead her into the living room.

"Kelsey, what's wrong?" I ask her. She doesn't say anything so I say, "Tell me what's wrong."

She hesitates, but ends up telling me, "It's my mom," she sobs.

"What about her?" I ask, putting my arm on her knee.

"She... she... she's an alcoholic and she.. she came home tonight a... and..," she sobs and I pull her into a hug.

"Tell me," I say softly.

"it wasn't like usual... she was.. was angry and she gave me this," she says pulling away from me and showing me the marks on her arms and the bruises on her neck.

"Kelsey...," I say softly.

"I know, I know," she sobs, "I need to tell someone, but I can't! She's my mom!"

"It'll be better for your mom and you," I say softly.

"My dad lives in Alaska, Jeremiah! I can't live with him. He doesn't even love me! He didn't want me! He left when my mom got pregnant with me!"

"You don't know that it's because he doesn't love you. things could have been tight with money or he could have been scared... You never know, Kelsey."

"That's no excuse for abandoning your child! Put yourself in my shoes, Jeremiah. If your dad left you because he was scared or tight with money, how would you feel?!" she screams at me.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"Everyone is," she cries. I don't say anything and just let her cry while I hold her.

It has been 45 minutes since anyone talked and she's still crying. "His name isn't even on my birth certificate," she whispers.

I look at her in her eyes. She looks in my eyes and leans in and I lean in too and kiss her. I keep kissing her, and she keeps kissing me, running her fingers through my hair and I kiss down her neck, kissing her bruises lightly. I go back up to her and kiss her. she sucks on my bottom lip, asking for entrance and I let her. I lay her on her back softly, but making sure I don't put all my weight on her.

"EHEM," I hear someone. Not Jasmine, Not Jasmine. Nope, worse, Sammie. "How could you?! Both of you! You for cheating on your girlfriend," she says to me and then to Kelsey, "And you for betraying someone who cares about you and trusts you." She shakes her head disgusted. "I'm leaving. Please, you might as well continue," she says, turning around and marching out of the room.

Kelsey gets up quickly, "I'm going to go," she says and hurries out of the room. What have I done? ***************************** Teaser : Will Jeremiah or Kelsey tell Jasmine or will Sammie have to?