Chapter 27 : One Again

Jeremiah's POV :

She's quiet for a while. She closes her eyes and a smile forms on her lips. "Jeremiah," she says, but it's different this time. Her voice is... different.

"Jasmine?" I say.

That's when she takes my face with her good hand and kisses me. It's then I realize that she's back. My Jasmine is back. When she pulls away, she blushes and laughs softly.

"You're back, aren't you?" I ask with a smile and she nods, knowing exactly what I mean.

"I love you, Jeremiah," she tells me.

"I love you too, Jasmine." We're quiet for a while after that. She's laying with her head in my lap. Her once flawless skin is now definitely flawed. I run my fingers over her scars. She closes her eyes tightly as a tear falls.

I resort to playing with her hair when she speaks up. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I ask, kissing her forehead.

"Everything," she tells me taking my hand. "For this for starters," she says tracing her fingers up my bad arm.

"Oh, stop it," I say and then notice I haven't seen Genna. "Where's Genna?"

She gulps and starts to cry. I caress her face. "She kissed Tristan and then I told her to leave."

"Jazzy."

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

"For?"

"Cheating on you. I don't know what got into me... I'm so sorry. Like, I don't deserve you."

She looks in my eyes. "Jeremiah. I know."

"Are we... Are we okay?"

"Of course we are," she smiles and sits up and kisses me. "Can we watch a movie?"

"The Hunger Games or The Notebook?" I ask her, getting up and walking over to her movie selection.

"The Hunger Games," we both say. I know it's her favorite movie and the fact that she recites almost every word makes me smile.

*Spoiler about the hunger game's movie*

I pop it in and we watch it. Just like the last 10 ten times. Her liping the words and her crying when Rue dies or when she volunteers as tribute for Prim. Her saying the words aloud when Katniss and Peeta are in the cave.

Just like old times... Just like before. I smile at this and learn over and kiss her head that's leaning on my shoulder. Her feet are tucked into the couch and she's as close to me as possible. She smiles at my kiss.

"...and your hand shot straight up.Then I watched you walk home from school everyday... everyday," she says getting teary eyed at everyday like always.

"Well, say something," I say like always.

"I'm not good at saying something," she says looking at me like always.

"Well, then come here...... please," I say like always.

That's where we usually cuddle, but this time I kiss her softly. Her brown waves fall into her face when she pulls away and I brush them back. My hand seeming to tingle like always after pulling away.

"Jeremiah," she breathes. Oh how I missed that.

"Yes?"

"Why do you love me?"

This question takes me by surprise. "Because your smart and beautiful and have an amazing singing voice," I tell her.

After a few minutes of Jasmine thinking, she gulps and asks in a low whisper,"Who's Jillian?"

"She's no one. What she was saying on the phone? She was just trying to make you get mad and jealous. She was Derek's girlfriend, but he broke up with her so she came crawling to me for comfort and when you called... she didn't want anyone interrupting my attention," I say.

"I called to have you pick me up. But I just hung up and ran to Frankie's," she shrugs.

"Her house was like 3 miles away!"

"THATS IT?!"

"Jasmine," I say.

"Its fine, it was in the past. I just needed to know about her if we're going to get back together," she says as if it's nothing. It takes my mind a few minutes to register it, but she said that we're getting back together.

"Back together?"

Her face colors, "Uhm.. I.. well.. I maybe thought..."

"I'm just happy baby," I tell her and kiss her.

And just like that. We're one again.