Telling Her : Jeremiah's POV

Jeremiah's POV:

"Why have you been avoiding me all day? You and Jeremiah have both been acting really weird," I hear Jasmine say as she takes Kelsey's hand and walks towards Sammie and I.

Before school started, Sammie took me out of the car. "Have you told her yet?" she said, her voice in a hush whisper. I shook my head. "Well, when are you planning to?" and turns and walks back to the car.

When Jasmine brings Kelsey over here, no one talks and I feel hot and sweaty. "Okay, what's up???" she ask.

The bell rings and Sammie rolls her eyes, "I'll see you at lunch," she says.

"Well?" she asks. Not Kelsey nor me say anything. "Guys, I'm serious, what?!" she almost screams. I go to take her hand, but she jerks it away and storms outs.

"We have to tell her, Kelsey," I say.

"You tell her and I'll be there to whole time," she tells me.

"Why me?" I ask.

"Uhm, because you're her boyfriend," she says.

"You're her bestfriend!"

"You kissed me," she says.

"No, you kissed me," I say.

"Whatever, we kissed, that's all that matter," she tells me.

"I'm not telling her," I protest.

"I'm not either," she says.

"So what happens when Sammie brings it up?"

"Whoever breaks first, I guess," she shrugs, making our way to the lunch table.

When we both sit down and it gets awkward again. "Again?!" Jasmine says putting her head in her hands.

"Are you guys serious? it's been 5 periods and you guys didn't tell her?!" Sammie says loudly.

Well that happened sooner than i thought. I just avoid eye contact with her and so does Kelsey.

"Fine, if you don't think she deserves to hear it from either one of you, she deserves to hear it from someone who ACTUALLY cares about her," she rants to us. I care about her, that's why I can't tell her, Sammie, I think in my mind.

She pauses. I think about saying something, she does deserve to hear it from me or Kelsey. But, no I won't back down from Kelsey... Did I really just.... Before I can finish arguing with myself.

"Fine, Jasmine," she says to her softly, "Jeremiah cheated on you." When she says this, my stomach sinks. I knew it happened, but it was never said aloud. Now, I'm regretting not telling her...

She continues, "...with your so called bestfriend over there." She nods towards Kelsey.

I look up at Kelsey, who's not looking at anyone and then look Jasmine. Her beautiful eyes, closed and I can see her thinking. Now, I would've been content with her reaching out and punching or slapping me, but what she did hurt a lot more. A silent tear slids down her check and she says in a quiet voice, "I'm going to be sick."

She starts to run away and to the bathroom. My brain catches up with everything, "JASMINE!" I scream and start to get up.

Tristan pulls me down, "Leave her alone, you've hurt her far too much."

"How could you two?" Cameron says. "You know what I said when Jazzy told me she chose you?" he says to me. "I told her that if not me I was happy it was you. I can't believe you."

"And you!" Adrian adds, pointing at Kelsey. "You liked Tristan and Tristan liked you!"

"I'm leaving," she says, getting up.

"No, not this time," I say, grabbing her arm, "you left me sitting there when we kissed."

"And I'm doing it again!" she screams, pulling her wrist again and stomping away.

I get up and walk out of the school, get in my car and drive to the beach, sitting in the sand where we first kissed. I've made the worst mistake of my life.

*****************************

Teaser : 3 days in the future. Journalism class. Sharing writing.