Chapter 24 : Genna

Jeremiah's POV :

As I'm sitting there waiting for Genna, I spot a gorgeous, heart-stopping, breathtaking blonde beauty. She's just wearing a baggy orange sweater and ripped jeans, but she looks like a goddess.

She's walking over to me. Why? Did she catch me staring? Shit. "Are you Jeremiah?" she asks, Coach suitcase in her hand and a black purse.

"That's me. And you are?" I ask her.

"I'm Genna," she says with a smile and I stand up and take her bag for her. "Thanks."

"It's no problem," I smile at her.

"No, I mean, for everything...," she says softly, "For arranging this. My parents said they'll pay you back and everything."

I wave my hand, "Don't worry about it, beautiful." Did I really just say that?

She looks at me puzzled,"Are you flirting with me?"

"Uhm... I.. Uhm... Uh...," I stammer.

"You're dating my best friend," she scoffs.

"She didn't tell you?" I ask, memories rushing back of when Jasmine found out.

"Tell me what?" she asks.

"That we broke up," I say softly.

She stops in her tracks, causing someone to run into her and swear aloud. "Why?! I swear to God, Jeremiah Reed Karter if you broke her heart!" she screams, causing people to look.

"I'll tell you in the car," I say under my breath, walking to the car and putting her suitcase in the back of Cameron's black mustang.

She sits in the backseat with me and Simeon drives. "Spill. Now," she demands.

"Well, we broke up," I say, even though she knows that already.

"I know. Why?" she says.

"Well she broke up with me." What? She did...

"Why?" she asks narrowing her eyes.

"Because Icheatedonher," I say quietly.

"You did what?!" she screams.

"I cheated! Okay?! I cheated on her and ruined our relationship and screwed up with the only girl I've ever seen me in the future with!! The only girl I've been totally and desperately in love with!!" I scream back at her.

After a few minutes she speaks again, "With who?"

"Does it matter? You don't know her," I say, shifting uncomfortably.

"Yeah, it matters," she says.

"Kelsey," I mutter.

"Her friend?!" she screams, infuriated again.

"She kissed me and she was crying and so, we kissed," I say.

"How'd you tell her?"

"I didn't... My sister did," I say softly.

"Are you serious?!" she asks and I nod, not wanting to speak. "Do you love her?"

"I do," I say.

"Does she love you?"

"She said she did."

"After everything?" she asks.

"Yup."

"You don't deserve her, you know," she says after a few minutes.

"I know, trust me."

When we get there, all my brothers, except Tristan, weirdly, all start flirting with her, but she just laughs and walks up to Jazzy's room.

While we're hanging out in the living room, Genna and Jazzy come with us, laughing. I've never seen Jazzy's smile so big since the car accident.

"Jeremiah?" Genna says.

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Uhm, yeah," I say, getting up and walking over with her as Jasmine sits down.

"She remembers me," she says with a huge smile.

"What about Chad?" I ask.

"Yeah, but not that he cheated on her," she says.

"Wow," I say. Great.