Chapter 11 : Singing & Homework

I wake up to singing. I don't know whose, since its the weekend, I didn't wake up until 12. I go into Adrian's room and see that he's painting.

"Hey Jazzy," he smiles at me and I smile back.

"Hey Adrian," I say and look at his painting. "Oh my God, that's beautiful."

"Thanks," he smiles.

"I just wanted to ask you something," I smile.

"Yeah?" he asks.

"Will you paint my walls?"

"Of course, how?"

"Surprise me," I say walking out of his room and going to Cameron's room, but he's sleeping. I still here the singing when I go to Jeremiah's room.

I see him sitting there, playing the piano and singing The A Team by Ed Sheeran.

" Ripped gloves, raincoat. Tried to swim and stay afloat. Dry house, wet clothes. Loose change, bank notes. Weary-eyed, dry throat Call girl, no phone. And they say She's in the Class A Team, Stuck in her daydream. Been this way since 18. But lately her face seems, Slowly sinking, wasting Crumbling like pastries"

"Jeremiah," I say with a smile.

He jumps, "Uhm... uh... Jazzy.. is there, uhm, any chance you didn't hear any of that?"

"None," I says going over and sitting on the bench next to him. "You're an amazing singer, Jeremiah. Like, AMAZING."

"No one knows, so please, don't tell me," he pleads.

"I won't, but why don't you want people to know?" I ask him.

"Because, they'll make a big deal out of it, just like everything else," he says.

"Okay, okay," I say and smile at him. "Sing."

He hesitates but then starts to sing again. " And they scream, The worst things in life come free to us. Cos we're just under the upper hand, And go mad for a couple of grams. But she don't want to go outside tonight, and in a pipe she flies to the Motherland. sells love to another man. It's too cold outside for angels to fly. An angel will die covered in white. Closed eye and hoping for a better life. This time, we'll fade out tonight straight down the line," he finishes and I have a smirk on my face that I can't wipe off.

"Can I play something?" I ask him.

"Go for it," he gestures and I pull the electric keyboard over to me.

"Do you know Need You Now by Lady Antebellum?" I ask him.

"Yeah," he says with a smile.

I start playing the tune. "Picture perfect memories, scattered all around the floor. Reaching for the phone cuz I can't fight it anymore. And I wonder if I ever cross your mind. For me it happens all of the time," I sing.

"It's a quarter after 1, I'm all alone and I need you now. Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now," he sings witv me, softly, "And I don't know how I can do without I just need you now"

"Abother shot of whiskey, can't stop lookin at the door. Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before."

"And I wonder if i ever cross your mind. For me it happens all the time," I join in and then we both finish another chorus.

"Oh my God, we're amazing," I tell him. He smiles at me. "Thanks for that. I used to sing with my dad when he was alive...," I smile weakly at him. "Well, I have to go do my homework."

"Alright, if you need me, just call," he says, kissing my cheek. I smile at him and go to my room and pull out my Math and breeze through it. Read and do questions for American Lit. easily. But chemistry stumps me. I think of going to get Jeremiah, but end up just going to get Hannah.

"Hannah, can you help me?" I ask going into the kitchen, but I only find Cameron.

"I might be able to help," he says. I sit next to him and put the paper down with my pencil.

"I don't understand this," I tell him and frown.

"Look," he says and takes my pencil and starts to write on my paper, explaining as we go.

"Oh!" I say, finally getting it. "Thanks Cameron," I smile.

"No problem," he smiles back at me. "Hey, Jasmine?" he asks.

"What's up?"

"I was wondering... do you... maybe want to... I don't know... go somewhere with me?" he stutters.

"Like where?" I ask.

"Like I wanna set something up. If.. you want to," he says, unsure for once.

"Like a date?" I ask.

"Uhm, yeah... Sure, I.. if you wanna say date..," he stutters.

"That would be fun. When?" I ask, kinda excited.

"Tomorrow night," he smiles.

"Okay, I'm kinda excited," I admit, smiling.

Tomorrow is Saturday night. Yestersay was Friday and we didn't have school and we started Wednesday and went Thursday, for all who didn't know.  

**************************** 

Teaser : Date Time<3 How will Jeremiah react?

Author's Note : Sorry about the shortness. <3