Chapter 12 : Date Night

I get out of the shower and my phone goes off "Am I better off dead? Am I better off a quiter?" I check my phone. Text From : Cameron. "Wear something nice <3. Be ready at 8." I check my clock. 6:30. an hour and a half. I spend a half an hour trying to figure out what to wear.

Until I find a beautiful strapless black dress with light pink silk around the whole waist and a bow in the front. (Picture on side)

I smile at it and hear a know on the door when I slip it on, trying to get the zipper up. "Who is it?" I ask, checking my phone. 7:04. Can't be Cameron. Besides, I said I'd meet him downstairs.

"It's Jeremiah," he says.

I walk over to my door and open it and let him in. "Can you zip this?" I ask him. He zips it up.

"Yeah," he says and zips up my dress. "Another girl's night?"

"Not exactly," I say with a smile, applying concealer and mascara. I sit amd plug in my curling iron.

"Oh, then, where you going?" he asks, putting his hands in his jean pockets and sitting on my bed.

"Well...," I say, "Since we're not dating or anything..." I start to curl my hair.

"Continue," he says.

"Cameron's taking me out," I say.

"He's what?!" he asks.

"Taking me out..." I say softly.

"I heard you, but why?" he asks.

"He asked...," I say.

"But... Jazzy," he says.

"Jeremiah, I'm excited, okay? so, I have to finish getting ready," I say softly.

He gets up, "You look beautiful, Jazzy," he says and then leaves.

Why does he have to be so cute? 

________________________________________

I walk downstairs and see Cameron with black pants and a white dress shirt.

I smile at him. "Wow. You look beautiful," he tells me. We walk outside.

"Sir Cameron, your car?"

"Yes please Simeon," he says.

He brings out a black mustang and opens the door for me. I get in and sit in the passenger seat. While we're in the car, Perfect by P!nk comes on.

"Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than perfect. Pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing, you are perfect to me," I sing.

"God, you just keep getting better and better," he says to me. As we get closer to where he's taking me he tells me to close my eyes.

"Are we there yet?" I whine and feel the car stop.

"Yes," Cameron says, "Do NOT open your eyes." I nod and feel him open my door and take my hand and guide me somewhere. He stops. "Ready?" he asks.

"Readier than I'll ever be," I say.

"Open," he smiles.

I open my eyes and see that we're basically on a high cliff that over looks New York City. There are lanterns everywhere and a blanket and radio on in the middle of the lights.

"This is... is... gorgeous," I say, breathless.

"You like it?" he asks me.

I nod, speechless. "God, this view is breathtaking."

I walk over to the edge of the cliff that's fenced. I lean against it, looking at the Hudson River below me and NYC right across from me. I feel Cameron's hand next to mine and can't help but reach over and grab it.

"God, this is so romantic," I tell him, smiling. He takes my hand and turns on Love Don't Run by Steve Holy. "May I have this dance?" he asks and I nod and wrap my arms around his neck .

He wraps his arms around my waist and I lean my head on his chest. "You smell like Axe," I tell him.

"Thanks? I think," he says and sways with me. I smile and take my head off his chest and smile up at him. He gets closer and closer and for a second, I think he's going to kiss me. I lean in too.

And then... he backs away. I feel puzzled and disappointed and the song ends, but we still sway until Call me Maybe comes on and it reminds me of Jeremiah.

"You look beautiful tonight, Jasmine," he says, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

I blush and then he lays down with my on the blanket, and I cuddle in close to him, wraping my arms around him with my head on my chest.

"The stars look beautiful," he says, "You can see the big dipper."

I smile at his dorkiness. "You dork," I laugh. He takes my hand and traces it in the sky.

I sit up and he does the same thing. I look at him and lean into a kiss and he leans in to and this time, we kiss. It's amazing and heartwarming and everything, but when I pull away, I can't help but compare it to Jeremiah's.

When I pulled away from Jeremiah's kiss, it made me want more, but this... it doesn't make me want more. we both lay back down, cuddling.

Neither of us say anything and I fall asleep in Cameron's arms, but it just doesn't feel right.  

*************************** 

Author's Note : Team Cameron or Team Jeremiah? Or Team someone else? ;)