Chapter 7 : This Hellhole We Call School

When Chad says this, I see Jeremiah tense. I squeeze his hand to comfort him. Chad grabs the schedule out of Jeremiah's hand.

"Look, we have Gym and Chemistry together," Chad smiles.

I roll my eyes and grab my schedule back. "I'm going now," I say to him and turn around and walk with Jeremiah to homeroom. "Save a seat for me at lunch!" he screams.

When we get in there, we just make it when the bell rings. Jeremiah goes and sits down, and I go back and sit next to him and to my right is a really pretty girl with bright red hair, like Arial status.

As the teacher starts talking, she turns to me, "Hi, I'm Kelsey."

"Jasmine," I smile at her.

"So, why were you walking in with Jeremiah Karter?" she asks.

"Uhm, because he helped me get my schedule," I whisper back.

"Lucky," she says, "Lemme see your schedule."

I hand her my schedule. She scans it and smiles at me, "We have everything except Chemistry together," she smiles.

"Okay, cool," I say, "That means we have Math with Tristan and English with Tristan and Adrian."

"Karter?"

"Yeah..."

"How do you know that?"

"Jeremiah told me," I shrug.

"I've been trying for years to have Tristan to notice me," she says a little louder.

"Excuse me, Ms.," he looks down at a paper, "Hastings and Ms.Faceic. Do you have something to share with the class? Something cooler than Ed Bradlee?" he asks reffering to som journaslism guy. I just want to write, not learn about these guys.

"Sorry Mr.Fetcher," we both say at the same time.

After class, Jeremiah collects his book and walks over to me and Kelsey. "Wow, first class and you got in trouble, nice going," he says to me.

"Shut up," I say rolling my eyes.

"So, I'll see you in Gym," he says to me.

"Yuppers," I laugh and he bends down and kisses my cheek and then walks away.

"What the hell was that?!" Kelsey asks.

"What?" I ask.

"How can to be so nonchalant, Jeremiah Karter just kissed your cheek!!" she screams as we walk to Math. We get weird and envious looks.

"Well, yeah, so?" I say, not knowing what's the big deal.

"So? The Karter boys are gods," she says, smaking my arm. I laugh. "And you're not like Carissa who flirts with him. HE kissed your cheek!!" she screams.

"Kelsey, QUIET YOURSELF," I yell at her and she laughs as we go into Math. "Oh My God. Don't look now, but Tristan's coming over here," she says.

"Tristie!" I say as I notice him walking over to me. He rolls his eyes.

"Jaz, what're you doing here? Get lost? Your math is two rooms over," he says.

"No, I'm in Senior math, silly."

"How?" he asks.

"Because I'm smart? Duh," I say, "Oh, this is Kelsey," I introduce him.

"Hi Kelsey, I'm Tristan. DON'T call me Tristie," he says glaring at me for the last part.

She laughs, "I can do that."

"So, Jaz, what do you have next?"

"Uhm, English with you and Adrian," I smile.