Chapter 13 : Realization

When I wake up, I see feel someone laying with me. I smile, thinking of Jeremiah. When I open my eyes I see Cameron. Unlike when I woke up with Jeremiah, I don't immediately smile.

It's then that I know it's Jeremiah, not Cameron. Cameron's eyes flutter open and he smiles at me.

"Can we go home now?" I ask him. He looks confused at first and then the confused look on his face is replaced with hurt. I feel really guilty, but I can't control who I like.

He nods and we get in the car. When I look in the mirror, I see my reflection. My makeup is messed up and my hair is all messy. Noone says anything the whole way home.

When we finally got home, he looks me in the eyes and asks me a question. the question being, "It's Jeremiah isn't it?"

All I can do is nod and avoid eye contact. He nods. "If not me, I'm happy it's Jeremiah."

"Thanks," I say and give him a weak smile and then get out of the car and walk inside and take off my high heels and put them in my closet. I see white sheets around my floor and plastic on my furniture. Adrian.

Then go to go to Jeremiah's room when Mercy comes to me and tugs on my dress. "Jazzy?" she says.

"Yes, Mercy?" I ask.

"Do you like Jeremiah?" she asks ever so innocently.

"Do you promise not to tell anyone?" I ask and she nods vigorously. I hold out my pinky and she wraps her tiny pinky around mine.

"Okay, then, yes," I smile at her and she smiles.

"So you guys are going to get married!!!" she screams.

I roll my eyes, "SHHHH! I don't know if he likes me."

"He does, I know it," she smiles at me.

"Go play," I tell her and she nods and runs off. Silly little girl. I knock on Jeremiah's door.

"Who is it?" he asks, but I just knock again, harder. "Ugh, I'm coming," he says and opens his door. When he does, I immediately wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him, hard. At first, he's shocked, then he calms down and starts kissing me back.

We back in his room and I shut his door behind us. He softly lays me on his bed and kisses me hard and possessively. He pulls away and blushes. He sits on his bed. "Don't you think it's kinda inappropriate to come back from a date with Cameron and come make out with me?" he asks, but I shake my head.

"It's you, Jeremiah," I tell him. "Not Cameron. I kissed him and I felt nothing whatsoever. but our kiss was... was... amazing and I really like you Jeremiah...," I babble.

"Jasmine," he stops me. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asks and I nod.

"Yes, of course," I smile at him and kiss him harder, wrapping my legs around his waist and running my hands through his hair. "God, I missed your kisses," I tell him.

He rolls his eyes and kisses my neck and collarbone. I pull him back up and kiss his lips, tracing the bottom lip with my tongue, asking for entrance and he gladly gives it. I let my tongue roam his mouth, same for him to me.

I hear someone open the door and stop quickly and see Sammie. "Woah, don't let me stop whatever was going on, just don't forget protection," she says, leaving and winks.

"She ruined it, didn't she?" he asks.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Damn," he says into my ear and kisses it.

I lay and look up at the ceiling. "I'm hungry," I say.

"Then, lets go get something to eat," he says, getting up.

"Uhm, I look like shit, if you didn't notice," I say.

"You're gorgeous," he tells me, kissing my head. 

__________________________________________

When we get back from eating, we go up to his room. "School tomorrow," he says.

"Ew," I say.

"So, what're you writing about?" he asks me.

"I don't know, you would think that I'd write about my parents, but I can't express in words how I feel. How about you?"

"Not telling," he shrugs.

"Ugh," I say and lay on his bed with him, holding his hands and yawning. "Sing me to sleep," I say with a smile.

" When I look into your eyes, It's like watching the night sky or a beautiful sunrise, there's so much they hold. And just like them old stars I see that you've come so far to be right where you are. How old is your soul?" he sings softly and I drift to sleep right after he sings, " I won't give up on us even if the skies get rough. I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up."  

________________________________________

"Wakie Wakie, beautiful," a voice coaxs me up. I open my eyes to see Jeremiah and I kiss him.

"I need to go shower," I say.

"I know, it's running in my bathroom. Sammie picked out your outfit," he tells me and I pull myself out of bed, take a shower and put on pastel blue high wasted shorts with a floral zip-up strapless bandeau and a peach cami that ties in the front.

I go into Jeremiah's room. "You look amazingly gorgeous," he smiles at me and pull me in and kisses me. I love this.  

__________________________________________

"Today, class, we'll start writing our assignments," he tells us, "Unlike most projects, for this one, I'll just be grading you on the final product not the revising."

"Everyone, write down what your writing about on a note card and pass it forward," Mr.Fetcher tells us.  

Jeremiah writes something down and passes it forwards and so does Kelsey. I scribble down "dead parents" fold it and pass it forward.

Journalism is going to be harder than I thought.  

____________________________________

When Jeremiah and I walk hand in hand to ceramics. I get looks and glares from almost every girl.

And after class, Mrs. Jumbnuh says, "and don't forget to sign up for the talent show."

I turn to Jeremiah with a smile. "Let's sing together."

"No."

"But baby," I smile at him.

"Jazzy.." he says.

"Please, it would make me sooo happy," I say.

"...Fine," he sighs.

"YAY!" I scream and sign us up. "We don't even have to practice Need You Now!" I say excitedly

He rolls his eyes and looks at me and kisses my nose, "You're crazy." 

****************************