Chapter 21 : What Just Happened?

Jeremiah's POV :

She turns to me, but I keep my eyes on the road. I can't look at her. I've hurt her too much and after the stunt Jillian pulled last night? And she still wants me back? I don't deserve her... "I love you, Jeremiah," she tells me, interrupting my thought.

It takes me full on surprise and my mind goes blank for a second and the next thing I know the car is out of control and we swerve off the road, crashing into a tree... Full impact right smack in the cneter between me and her.

I can't really feel my right arm, I don't even know if its there, but I don't care. I open my door and run over to Jasmine's side. My moms going to kill me. God, I don't even care.

"Jasmine!" I scream and tear open her door. She's laying there, like a rag doll, bloody and glass everywhere. I pull out my phone and call 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" she asks.

"There.. I.. my girlfriend..," I say, getting tierd.

"Sir, what's wrong?" she asks softly.

"We... there was... we.. crashed...," I say, my eyelids drooping.

"Where are you?" she asks.

"I don't... I can't... my arm.." I say and that's all I can say before I pass out.

__________________________________________

When I wake up, I look all over. I'm in a hospital bed, tubes all over and monitors beeping. I go to sit up and feel dizzy. That's when my Mom walks in my room and rushes over to me.

"Jeremiah, lay down, let me get a doctor," she says and rushes out of the room. A doctor comes in and asks me how I'm doing and a bunch of other questions.

"I have two questions," I say.

"Go ahead," she says to me.

"What happened?"

"That's a pretty common question," she laughs, "Well, you crashed into a tree, broke your right arm and we have to do surgery on it too. Can you move it?"

I try to move my arm and it takes everything just to wiggle my fingers. "That's great!" she says enthusiastically.

"No, its not," I say, shaking my head and get dizzy againn. "How did I get here?"

"You lose a lot of blood and passed out. We tracked your phone," she says.

"Okay and where's Jasmine?" I ask.

"Uhm, I'll answer that," my Mom says and my doctor leaves the room. "Honey, she's not doing so well."

"I need to see her," I tell her, forcing myself up and getting dizzy again.

"You need to lay down, you can see her tomorrow," my Mom says.

"Mom," I say, "Please."

"Talk to me, what's going on with you two?"

"I love her," I choke out.

She sighs, "Sit up slowly."

I sit up slowly and walk with my mom to her room. When I see her, I almost cry, her blue eyes shut softly and gently, her skin pale and her dress I last saw her in replaced with a hospital gown. I go over and sit by her side. My mom slips out of the room quietly.

"Jasmine, please get up, I need you," I tell her, kissing her hand.

She stirs and sits up. "Who are you?" she asks.

"I'm Jeremiah, you're kidding right?" I ask.

She shakes her head and the holds it with her not broken arm.

"Jasmine, please," I say.

"Jasmine?"

"That's you," I say, realizing she's not kidding.

"I'm Jasmine?" she asks and I nod. "And you're Jeremiah? Are you my brother?" I shake my head, not trusting my voice. "Who are you?"

"I'm... well, its complicated about where we stand," I say.

"Oh... Okay," she says. "Why am I here?"

"We got in a car accident."

"We?"

I nodded, "You told me that you love me and...,"

She cuts me off, "I loved you?" I close my eyes when she says loved, but I nod. "Do you love me back?"

I nod and then continue, "It caught me off gaurd and we crashed. I'll go get a doctor."

"Jeremiah?" she asks.

"Huh?"

"Why do you love me?" she asks.

I go and sit back down next to her. "You're amazing and beautiful and so intelligent. You're an amazing writer and you're so forgiving. When we first kissed, we felt something really special," I tell her.

"Where are my mom and dad?" she asks and I gulp.

"They're dead," I say softly.

"Oh," is all she says. "Then where do I live?"

"With me and my family," I tell her.

"Oh, because we're boyfriend and girlfriend?" she asks.

I shake my head, "We're not. and no, because my dad and your dad were best friends."

"We're not dating? But don't we love each other?" she asks.

"I cheated on you...with your best friend," I tell her honestly. She gets a puzzled look on her face, "and I still loved you?" I nod. "Wow."

"I'm going to get a doctor," I tell her and leave the room and tell a doctor and then I sink onto the floor. What just happened?