❦ Chapter 7 ❦

Taehyung Pov

It was difficult for me to turn my attention to Chaerin, because again and again my attention was drawn to Jeongguk, who only had disinterestedly put his hands into the pockets of his trousers and made himself a little too comfortable on the chair. How could he take the lessons so calmly when he still had a conversation with the teacher after class? I chewed a bit on my lower lip, looking forward to Chaerin again who suddenly took a small box in her hand and shook it a little, "So students. The first topic will be a group work in which you will make a presentation about a famous musician, either from South Korea or other countries. This group work will take about 5 to 6 weeks and will count for your half year mark 25 percent".

A group work?, I asked myself and looked around the room a bit, where the students were whispering about it and occasionally looked over to Jeongguk, who was still looking bored forward to Chaerin. Our music teacher walked around her desk and then ran to the first student whom she held the box in front of his face, "Only half of this class will pick a note. The other half is then assigned to the partner who pulled the note with his name on it. Quite simple". A quick glance was enough for me to see that only the two front rows should pick up a note, including Jeongguk. Unintentionally, I had to swallow and hoped inside that I would get a good partner. Someone who would also do some work and won't let me do everything, because unfortunately I couldn't assert myself so well.

My heart was beating wildly against my chest as the front students gradually picked their notes, opened them and got a quick glimpse on the given name before going to their partner. My name, however, has not been mentioned yet. Nervously, I bit on my lower lip and looked at Chaerin, who had now arrived at Jeongguk and held the white box with the printed music notes on it  in front of his nose, "Come on, Mr. Jeon. Pull your partner and then go get to work". Briefly, he laughed with a sneer, reaching into the box with his big male hand before taking out a note, "Group work is the biggest garbage"

"But it's part of the curriculum, I have to follow. You can complain to our country, Mr. Jeon", Chaerin just sighed annoyed and gave the last note to students next to Jeongguk - the last in line. I looked anxiously at the two who were opening their notes almost at the same time. My heart was beating wildly against my chest, I had the feeling that time would pass much more slowly. One of them would become my partner and I sincerely hoped it wasn't Jeongguk. They turned around, most likely just to look for their partner.

My hope that Jeongguk wouldn't work with me was destroyed when he looked straight in my face. His dark eyes, radiating a dangerous aura, were watching me closely. He briefly looked at the note, reading the name over and over, and looked up again before asking with a harsh voice, "Kim Taehyung... Is that you?"

• ────── ✾ ────── •

~ ggukstaee 🌺