❦ Chapter 66 ❦

Kim Taehyung

Kihyun had actually managed to cheer me up, even though I hadn't been feeling well at all over the days and almost drowned in my frustration. That was very good, after all the basketball game was on Sunday and I didn't want to go there while I was in a bad mood. And I had still written with Jeongguk a little bit on Friday evening, when he was home again after dinner with his parents.

He had informed himself in detail about how I was feeling and if I needed anything. Although I still wanted to know why Jeongguk didn't want to have a relationship, I hadn't asked him about it yet.

In the background my favourite group Blackpink was playing once again. The music of these 4 girls always made me feel good, so I had to start singing and dancing. I was just packing my bag because Kihyun had invited me and Jeongguk to his home for a weekend together. In an hour, Jeongguk wanted to come and pick me up so we both could drive to Kihyun together.

After I had packed everything into my little travel bag, I took a quick shower and freshened up a bit. With my still wet hair and a towel around my hip, I entered my room again and hastily put on a white oversize sweater and black sweatpants. I just wanted to wear comfortable clothes today because I always felt particularly comfortable in them.

Hopefully, Kihyun's parents wouldn't look down on me or treat me badly just because I wasn't as rich as Jeongguk or Yoongi for example. Normally, I would have gotten nervous and picked out the best outfit to make a good impression. Now I was much calmer and didn't panic anymore.

My cell phone vibrated in my pocket, so I pulled it out and looked at it. I had received a message from Jeongguk in which he wrote that I should come down because he was standing at my front door. I wrote him briefly that I would be right there and then took my little travel bag before I said goodbye to my parents, put on my shoes hastily and went downstairs where Jeongguk was waiting for me in a black, expensive looking car.

Gosh, this car is certainly more expensive than anything I and my parents own...

When Jeongguk saw me, he immediately got out and came to me, putting my back in the trunk and pulling me closer to his muscular body. "Hey, baby", he mumbled with a soft voice and then placed a soft kiss on my lips, which I returned before he finally released me again.

"You don't have to do this, Taehyung. I know you're not feeling well, so you're not obliged to come with me. You can still cancel, Tae". However, I shook my head and said that I had been looking forward to this weekend.

Therefore, I got into the car and Jeongguk sighed, taking a seat in his car as well. Jeongguk started the engine and started driving slowly. Hesitantly, he placed his hand on my thigh and stroked it with his thumb. He was apparently not sure whether he could touch me or not. Probably he was even a bit nervous about me. Maybe he even thought I would leave him after saying that relationships are meaningless.

But I would never leave Jeon Jeongguk. My love for him was incredibly strong. It simply surpassed everything - even this pain in my chest.

Smiling, I carefully took his hand to cross our fingers together. Compared to Jeongguk, my hand seemed dainty, small and feminine. "Fuck...", Jeongguk cursed and suddenly had a stonger pressure on my hand, "I thought you hated me after what I said to you, Taehyung". Confused, I stared at him and looked him in the face. He seemed nervous and tense, so I stroked my finger over the back of his hand to calm him down.

Jeongguk really thought I would hate him? I admitted that his words about relationships had hit me pretty hard, but I would never hate him for that. He had been so loving and caring towards me.

"I could never hate you, Jeongguk... I simply love you too much for that"

✧*:.。.

A happy Kihyun opened the door for Jeongguk and me. His house was at least as pompous and big as Jeongguk's. He grinned and took a step to the side so we could enter. Jeongguk carried our two small suitcases into the house and then put them on the floor to shake hands with Kihyun and pull him into a brotherly embrace.

Overwhelmed by the fact that cousins had such a close relationship, I just stood next to them and watched them. At some point they separated and Kihyun turned his full attention to me.

"It's nice that you're here, Taehyung~", he greeted me with a smile and also pulled me into his arms to squeeze me properly. Immediately, a pleasant warmth welcomed me as I returned the embrace and I also greeted Kihyun kindly.

Kihyun and Jeongguk had one thing in common. I always felt safe in their arms.

• ────── ✾ ────── •

Author's note: This chapter is just a short filler ☺️💕 But I hope you liked it anyway~
Something is gonna happen, my sweet dreamers 🌚✨
And it's going to be shocking for you (or maybe not 🤭)

~ ggukstaee 🌺