❦ Chapter 87 ❦

Kim Taehyung

"Oh God...", I murmured shocked and covered my mouth with my slim, small hand after Kihyun had told me everything. Jeongguk has actually pushed a girl in front of a moving car. It was an accident, but it was horrible anyway. After all, it had cost an innocent person's life.

Jeongguk's rough hands, which had traveled all over my body so many times, knowing every inch of me, had pushed a girl onto the street. Those hands, which often had caressed my cheeks gently...

"You really can't even imagine what Jeongguk has been through... He felt so damn guilty. I mean... He has pushed his girlfriend in front of a car. Unconsciously, but nevertheless... Fuck, Jeongguk wasn't the same after that one night.

Yerim's family called him a murderer although the court disagreed and declared Jeongguk innocent. He was about to end everything...", Kihyun stared at the wall with an empty look and probably remembered that terrible time. How cruel...

Suddenly, I had to think of him. My Jeongguk, who has protected me so often and was possessive when someone came too close or touched me somewhere. I didn't want to believe that he has pushed Yerim in front of a moving car, killing her with that move. How horrible this must be for Jeongguk...

I didn't detest Jeongguk for this incident as others would. I didn't call him a murderer either, which others would do. Instead, I felt sorry for him. I felt guilty for addressing this girl in front of him.

Kihyun suddenly laughed angrily and crossed his arms in front of his chest, before looking at me, "And those 4 guys that Jeongguk had beaten up at the beginning of the school year? They made fun of him. This fucking Baekhyun, who used to be Jeongguk's best friend, has told everyone that he had deliberately pushed Yerim onto the street.

This asshole has spread a lot of shit in the world, but that was the most cruel lie he ever told. And people actually believed him. Ignoring the fact that Jeongguk had so often asked the family for forgiveness...

Hey Jeongguk, are you still pushing people onto the street? I'm sure your dead girlfriend is looking for some new friends, they said and laughed afterwards. Jeongguk has lost all his control, believe me. Fuck, his hands were full of blood when we arrived at the police station because he couldn't stop punching them in the face...

All this shit has attacked his psyche so badly that he has stated with this Bad Boy image. Never again did he want to let anyone steal his heart, let alone have a relationship.

And then... You came into his life, Taehyung. Actually, Jeongguk has forbidden me to tell you this, but you don't know how many times this idiot called me after your meetings for this project because he didn't know how to deal with you.

I had to give him so many tips because he didn't want to know anything about love and approaches for years and was completely overwhelmed. You can't imagine how surprised and happy I was, when I found out about this. I thought you could put a smile on his face again and you did..."

Kihyun stepped away from the wall and came to me. His facial expression was full of pain, but at the same time somehow worried. The raven-haired cousin placed his hands on my fragile shoulders and exerted some pressure, but not that it was somehow painful.

I stared into his face and noticed that he was quite nervous. I had never seen anything like that before. After all, he was so self-confident and full of dominance, but never fearful in any way.

"Taehyung... I know this idiot made some shit and slapped you, but...", he increased the pressure on my shoulders again and stopped briefly with his sentence as his lower lip began to tremble before finally speaking after a few minutes, "Please don't leave this idiot. I can't force you to and I'm asking for too much, but...

I'm afraid he'll kill himself if this relationship with you ends. He always shows the strong guy in front of other people, but inside... he is broken and destroyed to the last corner."

Once again, I was surprised how close the two cousins were. But probably, the incident 3 years ago had put the two together so strongly, that they were hanging out like brothers now. His words kept playing in my head and it was very quiet for a short moment, so you could clearly hear the quiet ticking of the kitchen clock.

I'm sure Kihyun thought that I was still thinking about forgiving Jeongguk or not. But I had already made my decision. Even before Kihyun had even told me this story.

"I can't, Kihyun..."

• ────── ✾ ────── •

Author's note: 🤭🤭🤭
Well well well... What is going to happen?
Is this the end of Taekook?
Sorry for not updating yesterday, my cousin got a new puppy and she was so cute omfg-
I couldn't stop cuddling this little dog uwu ✨
Love you!

~ ggukstaee 🌺