❦ Chapter 30 ❦

Taehyung Pov

I turned red and widened my eyes when Jeongguk was so damn close to me - no way to escape him. Reflexively, I pressed my thick thighs together and clawed my hands into the edges of the white table. My knees almost touched his crotch and Jeongguk just had to lean forward a little bit, then our foreheads would touch. "W-W-What", I asked quietly and didn't dare to move a single muscle. My fear of Jeon Jeongguk hadn't dropped a bit yet, it just had risen. If that was possible at all.

"Do you think I am stupid, Little one? Huh?", he growled, which gave me goose bumps all over my body. How could a person have such a deep voice? "Now tell me what's going on or I'll get you to tell me. So do it voluntarily or I will do it the unpleasant way", he demanded and raised his eyebrow expectantly. His hot breath rushed over my lips and his dark eyes pierced my deepest inside. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Jeon Jeongguk noticed that I was lying to him.

I let my head hang down, thinking about whether to tell him or not. It would be good to talk to someone about my current problem, but would Jeon Jeongguk be interested in this? Normally, he didn't even care about other people but was very egocentric. He didn't care about other people's opinions or their mean comments, which they threw at his head sometimes.

But why was he so... different to me? He had spend the night with me when I was drunk. And Jeongguk would never do something like that for a human being.

After a long time, I sighed softly and then confessed, "I... I told a stupid lie and I can't get out of it anymore. It has occupied me the whole time and... I can't think of anything else". It was quiet for a short time, only our breath and Jeongguk's rap music in the background could be heard. "So what?", Jeongguk finally grumbled, "What's bad about a lie? Everybody tells a bullshit that isn't true". For a moment I shook my head and wanted to slide down from his desk, "No... It's pretty complicated to be honest, but that's not important anymore."

Jeongguk suddenly put his big hands on both of thighs, holding them with a strong grip and preventing me from going down. Again, I blushed and felt a nice tingling sensation on the spot where he touched me. Why did it feel good in some way? "Then just tell me what that lie was, Kim - stop talking about useless shit and explain me what's going on", Jeongguk whispered in a low voice and drew circles with his thumbs on my thighs. Strangely enough, this gesture from him reassured me a little. It actually felt very nice.

I chewed on my lower lip and didn't dare to tell him about the lie, but when I noticed this waiting look in his dark eyes, I finally spoke up, "I claimed that I had a girlfriend...".

• ────── ✾ ────── •

Author's note: Double update 💕♥️
And omg, this book has already over than 5k reads?!!? You guys are just awesome, I love you so much! 💕💕💞♥️

~ ggukstaee 🌺