eighteen- twerk

-do it baby-

Stokeley Goulbourne
Ready or not

I walked into my house, feeling a wave of depression hit me, taking in the fact that Jahseh isn't coming back. And for real this time.

I hurt him bad, more than I ever wanted to. And that's what I get for acting a damn fool. I let what Blue said get to me, and then went and bought drugs. And then let the drugs get to me. And now I'm single, alone, hurt, and hated.

I never once wanted it to be like this.

I always seen myself marrying Jahseh.

I walked into my bathroom, opening the top drawer, my eyes watered when I saw the ring box. The ring. I was going to give it to him. I bought it the day we found out the baby wasn't his.

And now I can't even give it to him.

I did something I knew wasn't even worth the effort and I pulled my phone out. To call Jahseh.

Jahseh:

I sat in the waiting room while I waited for the doctors to tell me if anything is wrong with Arianna. My phone started ringing, but it was a private number so I debated answering it, but it could be important. So I answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Jah.." I heard stokeleys soft cry.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I'm so sorry," he told me. "I should have stopped them. I shouldn't have listened to blue, I shouldn't have b-"

"What did he tell you?" I asked.

"Who?"

"Blue."

"He told me a lot of stuff, that was before I shot him," he stated.

"You shot him? When?"

"The day everything happened. You fell asleep and I left to go handle it, I didn't want you hurting anymore." He explained.

I scoffed and hung up the phone.

How the hell you gonna tell me you don't want me hurting anymore, right after you did the one thing to hurt me. You lied and broke your promise. And then you brought my sisters safety into it.

And that's where I draw the line.