Chapter 8: Syndrome

Lisa's POV

"Good morning, Lisa!" Rosé greeted me as I passed by on the front desk.

"Good morning too. Wait, where are you going?" I asked curiously while watching Rosé shoving things on her bag.

"Ah this?" She turned to me. "I'll be taking my day off now" she answered.

"Day off? But your day off is Friday right?

"Yeah, but I asked Wendy to take her day off today because someone unexpectedly asked me on a date and it's pretty urgent I can't say no"

Date??

A curve immediately formed in my lips after hearing that.

"You're dating someone else now huh?" I teased her while grinning. "In love?"

"Hopefully yes this year" she smiled back. "We just started to get to know each other and I hope this time I will have now my so called love life" She said almost daydreaming.

I nodded my head on understand.

"I'm wishing for your love life's success. Just fighting!" I said to boost up her confidence.

She giggled, "Yes fighting! Thank you for cheering me up but I'll get going now co'z you know? I don't like to make my date wait for a long time. This our first and I should make a good impression to her. Thank you again!" and then she stand up and put on the bag on her shoulder.

"Ok, enjoy and take care" I waved goodbye to Rosé.

"Bye and wait..." She turned to me again when she remember something. "I forgot, yesterday is your first day off here, right?"

"Yeah why did you asked?"

"Ahmm nothing just want to asked you if how was it? Are you kind of feeling this IMYDayOff syndrome?"

IMYDayOff syndrome? It's my first time to hear it huh?

"What's with IMYDayOff syndrome? I asked totally not have any ideas.

"It may sound alien word to you but in our company, this syndrome is quite popular. Everyone here experienced it and I bet since you already acquire your first day off you will going to experience it now" she said confidently as if she was so sure on her predictions.

"I still can't get it"

Rosé sighs on my answer, "IMYDayOff syndrome or also known as I miss you Day off syndrome. Everyone started to feel it when they already have their first day off. Since loads of work here in Kim.Corp is no joke, some or should I say most of employees here after their day off they started missing it. Well, who would not? After having a one day rest and here you go again, going to work and faced all the task you needed to finish in Kim.Corp. You know, tiring your self to death again? Good thing this company pays us well because if you will just look on how hard the work here, without thinking about it you're going to quit easily. That's why most of employees here experience it and experiencing this syndrome is not a good idea at all. Some employees who experienced it can't perform their work properly because it affects their whole system badly. When they missed their day off, they will not able to focus on their work because their whole mind is focused about having a rest so the result they will feel lazy on working" she explained wholeheartedly.

I nodded again.

This explanation gives somewhat feelings to me that I will also experienced this kind of syndrome. Actually, when I woke up this morning I feel so lazy to get myself on work again. I really had a good time spending my day off with my parents and I must say it makes me sad knowing that after this I'm going to deal with my terror boss again. Oh wait, speaking of my Boss! What time is it again?