Chapter 22: Promise

Lisa's POV

"I heard about your brother's condition and I'm willing to help" He said then quickly pulled out a cheque from his bag.

"How much do you want?" He asked.

"Just be direct to the point, Mr. Kim why are you helping me?" I responded.

I don't want to sound like a rude to Mr. Kim. After all he was still Jennie's father so as much as possible, I still want to show some respect to him. I know he just want to give us some help but even though he wasn't mentioning about it I know to myself that there's a condition when I decided to accept his offer. He won't be Mr. Kim, the richest and wisest man in Korea without a reasons so of course, he was planning on something .

He immediately chuckled on my question.

"You really not fail to amazed me. I'm not yet telling it to you but you already knew about my plans" he asked sarcastically.

I felt my blood boiled up when I heard what he said. I don't want to be rude on him but he's really provoking me.

"Mr. Kim just be direct to the point" I said firmly.

"Hey! Seems like someone is in a hurry. Let's talk for a while I'm still enjoying this conversation, Lisa-"

I quickly cut him off by a hard slammed on a table.

"Mr. Kim I'm not joking with you. If you won't mind can I excuse myself now" I quickly get up from my seat with annoyance plastered on my face.

I shouldn't talk with him in the first place. I just wasted my time for non-sense conversation.

Yes, I know I'm not rich like them but I think it's already too much. I shouldn't get treated in this way. I know I'm just a trash in his eyes but I still deserve to get a respect from him.

"Don't you want to consider my offer? Remember, your brother is still in critical haven't you consider his condition? I'm willing to help here" he speaks again.

I immediately stopped my steps on his words when I heard about that. There's a part of me who wants to continue my steps and walked away from him but Ningning's condition is stopping me from doing this. At this point of time, we really need someone who can help us in our problem in terms of money. I know there's a condition if I accept it but Ningning's life is in critical here, I can't just stand and just watched my mom crying every night because of the problems we are facing right now. I need to make a move.

Without any choices, I still came back from my seat.

"Tell me what should I need to do for your money?" I asked while looking directly into his eyes.

He lean his head on his hand and gave me a victorious smile upon hearing what I said.

"Just stay away from my daughter and never comeback to her life. That's the condition. Is it easy, right?"

Stay away from my daughter

It repeated to my mind.

I can't do that.

I can't leave her.

Aside from my family, she's the best thing that ever happened to my life and I'm not going to allow his father to break us apart.

He will never be.

I think I can't do this anymore.

"I'm willing to give whatever amount you wanted just fucking stay away from my daughter"

I slowly tightened my grip upon hearing what he said. Did he really hate me that much for her daughter and he's even willing to give me a money to just stay away from Jennie. What's wrong about me? Is it because I'm a poor? Is it because I'm a girl? Why can't he just let us love each other? Doesn't he want to see his daughter to be happy?