Chapter 23: Unforgettable Birthday

Jennie's POV

This is it!

Today, all of them should know about the truth.

I'm ready!

That's what I'm saying to myself while I was looking to my reflection in the mirror.

"Ms. Kim, the reporters are already here. Please get ready" the coordinator said to me as a cue.

"Thank you, I'll be there in any minute" I responded with a smile.

I looked at the mirror again to checked myself for the last time and when I made sure that everything is fine with me, I decided to came out on my room.

"Everyone plss gathered up as we welcome our beautiful Birthday celebrant, Ms. Jennie Ruby Jane Kim" I heard the coordinator announced as I did my entrance.

I started smiling in every cameras that was flashing into my face as everyone here started clapping their hands in my entrance with rejoice. I wonder if they can still do it when I already revealed them what is my real motive tonight. I guess, they will be all shocked if they hear about it and so did my father.

"Everyone, please be seated. Let's hear our celebrant's words. Ms. Jennie Kim can you come here in the stage?" 

Everyone became silent as they watched me while I was walking towards the stage.

To be honest with you, I really don't like it when I'm celebrating my birthday. Well, it is not that I'm not a fan of parties but because I got traumatized when my parents didn't attended my 18th Birthday back then so as a result, I started to lose my interest with it and never celebrate my birthday anymore since I already knew to myself that I have no one to celebrate with.

But this time I decided to celebrate it. Not because I really wanted to celebrate it just like others usually do in their birthdays but because I am planning on something this night. I already decided it to myself that this night, I'm going to tell them the truth.

About the fake marriage.

And last but definitely not the least,

About us.

About Lisa and I.

As I stand infront of the stage, my eyes immediately looked for Lisa in the crowd. I'm trying my best to find her in the crowd but it made me wonder because until now she was still not here. I don't want to think negatively here but I just hope she was fine. Maybe she was just in the middle of traffic? I hope my predictions was right.

"Are you ready?" Jin asked me who's already with me in the stage.

I quickly smiled with him as a response.

"What a sweet couple! Jin is really taking care of her wife" the coordinator commented on us which made the crowd to started making a noise.

God! If she just knew what we are going to tell right now!

"Plss Jennie! I can't take it anymore. Let's reveal it already" Jin whispered to my ear with embarrassment plastered on his face.

I want to laugh on his reaction because he seems disgusted on what the announcer told us earlier. He's really gay!

While suppressing my laugh, I decided to face the guest to announce them my words of gratitude.

Ok let's get back to serious one.

I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Hello everyone to those people who are here in this important event of mine, I want to thank all of you for celebrating my birthday with me. I really appreciated it and thank you so much for your usual support. This Birthday will never be great and memorable without you being here" I said as an introduction.