Chapter 29: Peace Before Destruction

??? Pov

I held a handkerchief to my mouth, because of the dust caused by the hourglasses. I looked up and said:

???: Lord Beerus, it's time to wake up!

His ear twitched. A another hourglass exploded creating even more dust than before.

???: And don't fall back asleep. It was you yourself to set the alarm off to go at this time. Hate to see you oversleep even through a back up alarm.

The next explosion caused the biggest hourglass here, which exploded other hourglasses.

Lord Beerus: Fine Whis. I'm...up.

'Finally.'

Whis: *sigh* I just don't want you sleeping 15 years too late and waking up groggy like last time, but if you require some more coddling.

I pulled a microphone out of nowhere.

Whis: I'm always happy to show off my vocal range with a singing performance to aroust you.

🎵LA LA🎵

I SAID I'M UP!!!

Lord Beerus: Oh, but it's so cosy.

He crawled to the edge of his bed only to fall on a rock. He crawled again and fell on a another rock and then falling straight down to the ground.

Lord Beerus: *yawn* As a truly restful slumber, I need to get at least 50 years. 39 is no little more than a cat nap.

He said while licking himself.

Whis: Lord Beerus, again it was you who chose this wake up time. And If I may, why DID you choose this date?

Lord Beerus: There's something I need to check....by myself.

Whis: Well if any case, I prepared a bath for you. Go on before it get's cold.

He layed down and scratched his ear with his leg.

Lord Beerus: I'd rather not. I hate baths.

Whis: You're covered in those explosions lord, and after your nap I'm sure you got mold in your ears. Now!

He turned around so his back was facing me.

Lord Beerus: What if I refuse?

Whis: Beerus the destroyer may be powerful, but he sure does stink up a room. Soon they'll be calling you the destroyer of noses.

Lord Beerus: Whis, your pitiful tries at humor make me wanna go back to sleep...

He turned around and smirked.

Lord Beerus: ...maybe I should destroy you.

Y/N Pov

It has been 4 years since we fought Fu. In those years I made a wish to erase Buu's evil side. 'Thank God I did that.' I thought with a sigh of relief. I only know that..."Super Buu" would have killed the whole planet if I didn't wish for what I wished for. I also wished back Vegeta.....after he was brought back, I gave him an advice. "Be more open towards your family"

Yes, we could've fought him and see how strong he was, but even if we did. I am sure Fu would have empowered him somehow. I mean, what do we really accomplish against him?

*DING DONG*

I heard the sound of the doorbell ringing. I got up from our couch and walked towards the front door. I opened to see Hercule.