Chapter 62: Resolve

Y/N's Pov

I looked with shock in my eyes at the empty space where the Time Machine should be. There were a couple of shards of metal left of it. 

'W... Where did it go? Why isn't it here? Did Bulma move it somewhere?'

I started looking around the laboratory and the garage. It was nowhere to be found. 

Red Eyes: Pfft.

He was trying his best to hold in his laughter. Confused by this, I looked at him.

Y/N: What's so funny?

He covered his mouth with his hands, refusing to answer. I started to wonder what he was laughing at. I mean, clearly at me, but what about me? I looked at myself. There was nothing comedic about my look.

'Am I... missing something?'

Bardock: Y/N, quit messing around.

Y/N: I-I'm not. Bulma moved the machine somewhere. I bet it's around here, I'll find it eventually.

I said before I continued searching for it.

Bardock: Y/N... The Time Machine was destroyed by Red Eyes. Don't you remember?

I stopped to look at him.

Y/N: No... Wait, how do you know this and I don't?

Bardock was surprised by my reaction. 

Bardock: First you forgot that Hercule was going to call Goki, then you forgot the Time Machine got destroyed... Your lack of sleep is starting to affect your brain.

'I... forgot?'

Bardock: The Tournament of Power will start in around 10 hours. Even if you manage to stay awake till then, you'll be knocked out the moment someone hits you. 

.

.

.

He's right. I can't keep this up, I'll faint if I don't do something soon. And I can't be tired during the tournament but not only that, I'll be the number one target to knock off 'cause I'm the one that made it happen. I sighed. 

Up till now, I've been using my flame to give me energy. Whis told me everything he knew about the Titans. By what he told me, they are creatures with no organs, but they still have blood. Instead of a heart pumping nutrients in their blood, it's the flame. Their flame is their only life source and they can't live without it.

Titans are similar to solar panels. Their body absorbs the heat of their flame and their surroundings to power themselves. But they need substantial amount of heat which their flame provides. Unlike solar panels though, they don't have a limit to how much heat they can take. 

If they absorb enough heat, their body changes. It gets stronger and faster. The more the heat they absorb the stronger the effects are. As an example, remember when Beerus kicked me into the sun? I absorbed the sun's energy and got so much stronger. Strong enough to erase one of his signature attacks.  

So, because Titans don't have lungs or... literally anything inside their bodies, they don't need oxygen or sleep. Since I'm half Human, I need both of those things. Thinking back to the fight with Beerus... I remember that I breathed in space when I absorbed the sun's energy for a short moment. And I felt really energized, despite the lack of oxygen.

My flame gives me oxygen and energy. But if that's true, why couldn't I breathe in space? It has to do with me being a Hybrid and my flame's heat percentage being halved. My flame is much weaker than a regular Titan's. But hey, I'm happy it provided me some energy...