Chapter 3: Touch

"Just by your touch you make me forget the rest of the world."

                                                                           -Anonymous

Your blue eyes were wide as you stared down the man in front of you, heart pounding in your chest as you slowly pulled your bound hands away from him, body inching backwards, struggling to put distance between the two of you.

Jin's eyes widened at your movement, his head shaking as his hands shot out to grab you.

"N-No. Wait!" He pleaded, hazy, blue eyes scanning over your face.

You managed to slip from his grasp and stand up, hands raising in front of you defensively as you stepped backwards.

Jin followed suit, standing to his feet. His hands reached out for you, desperately trying to touch you again...desperately trying to feel something.

"Please, you don't understand. "He begged. "I've been so lonely."

"W-Why don't you have a heartbeat?" You asked breathlessly. "What are you?"

He shook his head at your questions, advancing towards you quickly. You shot into panic mode, instantly dodging him, your body jumping out of the way just in time to avoid touching his body with yours.

"Stop it!" Jin shouted pleadingly. "Stop running away from me. Let me touch you..."

Ignoring the way his words came off sounding, you shook your head, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"Answer my question!" You demanded in a panicked tone, chest heaving.

Jin ran a hand through his white hair, eyes bouncing all around him as he struggled to maintain whatever remaining composure he had.

"I-I'm a spirit." He stated, eyes hesitantly raising to meet yours.

You froze in your place, gaze never leaving his as your breath caught in your throat.

A spirit.

He was a ghost.

Oh dear god, as if you didn't already have enough drama to deal with.

Maybe it was just a prank! Maybe the Seokjin in this world was just a really good prankster who liked to pull people's leg! There was no such things as ghosts and if there were....you would not be able to see them.

"Oh no." You breathed, taking a step backwards."Oh no, no, no, no, no."

Jin's expression fell at your response, taking a step closer to you.

You eyes shot to his instantly at his movement, expression hardening into a warning glare as you pointed at him.

"Stay away from me." You said quietly. "I- I can't deal with this right now."

The white-haired spirit's eyes widened as you turned on your heel, walking away from him at a fast pace.

He began to panic, fear settling over him once again as he watched your retreating figure begin to leave him alone again.

All alone.

That's all he had ever been for as long as he could remember.

Alone and hopeless as he watched the people around him obliviously live their lives in happiness, never once sparing a second thought to the cold chill that lingered in the air when they walked straight through him, or the longing looks he gave as he watched them embrace each other and laugh with each other.